“Beautiful hotel, a lovely getaway!”
Review of Hotel de Vie

Hotel de Vie
Ranked #3 of 22 Farnham B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel de Vie with my fiance over Christmas and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hotel.
We spent one night in the Decadence room, and Decadence is the perfect word to describe it. The bed was soooo comfortable; I sometimes have trouble with hotel beds feeling a bit worn-in with stiff, thin sheets, but the gorgeous four-poster bed in this room was so cosy we both kept snoozing our alarms the next morning so we didn't have to leave it!
Plenty of space to get ready in the morning, with a lovely dresser to sit at to do my hair and makeup for the day.
Breakfast was beautiful, home-cooked to perfection just how we like it. I love the lobby area, being able to help yourself to coffee, hot chocolate and juices whenever you like is a great addition, and I might have helped myself to the oreo cookies perhaps a bit more than I should have ;)
The bar is great too, well-stocked and of reasonable price. My fiance especially enjoyed his Guinness, which is made using a special machine to get the taste and the head perfect. Highly reccommended, and he still talks about the 'Guinness Machine' to his friends :P
Of course the whole place is very clean, as would be expected. The theme throughout the hotel is great too, slightly risque, but in a tasteful way!
Arran and Marta have done a fantastic job with the Hotel de Vie, creating the perfect relaxed getaway for young couples like us, and I'm sure it would be just as luxurious for anyone staying here.
Can't wait to return, and hopefully next time we'll be able to stay in the stunning Scarlet Suite!

Room Tip: If you can afford to choose one of the larger rooms or a suite, definitely go for it! They are all t...

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed with my girlfriend in the parisian suite last week and it was one of the most welcoming and respectful hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed was comfortable and enormous!! The bath was one of the biggest I had ever seen and it was a great feature having two showers. The breakfast was really nice also. The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Fantastic location for a business trip to Farnham with an easy walk to the numerous Farnham restaurants. Delightful room.Delicious breakfast. I am a light sleeper and could hear the traffic although this stopped at night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed in the Parisian Dreams suite which had a huge bed & bath - we found the room to be clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was lovely. We would recommend this hotel for a quiet break away.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Whenever we go away for a short break we try and find places that are not boring and the same as everywhere else. This one is different, a great find!
It had a relaxed feel as soon as we entered, no cold formal reception and we were warmly greeted by the staff. The downstairs has big sofas to lounge on and a large flat screen TV. The breakfast area is close to the bar and looks fresh and modern. There was a large choice of tea and coffee and you could help yourself at any time, large cups too, so often the cups are too small. I really liked helping myself to the oreo cookies on the way out!
Breakfast was good and they were more than accommodating if you wanted something cooked in a particlular way, you just had to ask. I had a Full English and asked for my Sausage to be over done and my bacon with no fat.
We were celebrating our Anniversary so we treated ourself to the Parisian Suite, Wow.... a lovely large room, the bed was so enormous that I could barely find my Husband in it! the room also had a long sofa and wardrobe with hangers for our clothes. There was a hairdryer and small hanging compartments inside the wardrobe for jumpers and underwear storage. There were also two bathrobes.The duvet on the bed was lovely and soft, warm too and the bed was comfortable. The bath, never seen one so big and with two showers so we could both stand in and shower at the same time, we prefer a shower, quicker. There were complimentary toiletries, tissues and two large bottles of water. There was also a coffee maker but we preferred to wait until we were downstairs.
We stayed during the week just before Christmas for 2 nights. We don't like staying in large cold clinical hotels as they lack spirit, so if you are looking for somewhere different to stay this will not disappoint.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I recently visited this hotel for the second time. (Last time was last January). It was wonderful before but is even better now. The new owners have re-carpeted and the floor in the dining area is beautiful. Even the entrance is more welcoming with heathers and small trees. I didn't consider it lacking last time, but this time I was blown away! I stayed in the Scarlet Suite and cannot even start to say how fantastic this room is. As mentioned by previous reviewers the staff are so helpful and nothing is too much trouble. I really enjoyed the breakfast, delivered to my room at exactly the time I requested, hot and delicious. I will definitely be recommending this hotel to family and friends and this time will not leave it a year before coming back!

Room Tip: Scarlet Suite cannot be bettered!
Reviewed January 4, 2014

this is a great little hotel with very nice helpful staff the room was perfect as was the breakfast we will use again its near to the town centre only a two minute walk Farnham itself is not a bad place plenty of choice with pubs and restaurant's if you need a taxi try local company home James

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blackbess2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnham
Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel
#4 of 6 in Farnham
Farnham House Hotel
Farnham House Hotel
#5 of 6 in Farnham

Been to Hotel de Vie? Share your experiences!