“Fab Fab Fab”
Review of Hotel de Vie

Hotel de Vie
Ranked #3 of 22 Farnham B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here last weekend for me and my husbands 2nd wedding anniversary and was amazed at how beautiful it was. It was classy and the staff were extreamly attentive and friendly. The decor is artistic and the rooms.... Beautiful. I will be planning to go back for my birthday and spending more time just relaxing in the room . We both stayed in the parisian suite and it was gorgeous and had everything you could possibly need and more. It's nice to see a hotel that has a real personal feel and at the same time you're getting top quality service. Love it Love it Love it... I reccomend this hotel for a romantic get away or a business trip... really works for both

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked myself and the wife into the scarlet suite as a early birthday present and the look on her face when we walked in was a picture. The room was beautiful, the staff were extremely helpful and catered for our every need if you're looking for a romantic break look no further couldn't find any faults what so ever

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A first visit for my wife and I to Farnham in Surrey necessitated an internet search for recommended local hotels. After half an hour of fruitless hunting and just as my eyes were glazing over, I found the Hotel de Vie. The reviews were all positive and I was fed up with looking.
We booked online and arrived late in the next afternoon. Perhaps 800 yds from the town centre, the hotel is a large, unassuming, converted Victorian house with parking to the rear. On ringing the doorbell we were greeted and checked in by an extremely helpful and friendly receptionist who briefly explained all that we might need to know and led us upstairs to our room, "Decadence". The room names are clearly tongue in cheek and whilst ours did have a splash of purple and a four poster bed, it was also clean, stylish and very comfortable. To be honest, having driven for 5 hours the first thing we did on arrival was have an hour long, undisturbed nap. We later walked the very pleasant route into the centre of Farnham and spent a romantic, sunny summer's evening eating and drinking and chatting the night away. On our return we wisely decided against a nightcap in the well stocked bar and headed up. Decadence is to the front of the building but the windows are double glazed and the drapes thick so we both slept well. In the morning we were greeted warmly by Jason, the proprietor, as we entered the breakfast/dining area and he soon arrived with the huge breakfasts we'd greedily ordered the night before. The food is cooked to order and tastes it. I looked on in horror as my wife consumed all of her vegetarian "full English breakfast" leaving nothing for me, a confirmed carnivore, to scavenge. Then it was time to leave and, before checking out, another member of staff came out to give us some of the more specific local knowledge we'd requested.
I have nothing but positives to say about the Hotel de Vie. The team of staff are welcoming, friendly and above all efficient. The layout and decor is warm and relaxed, yet stylish. We have owned a restaurant in the country for some years and, prior to that, my wife managed one of the more highly regarded London eateries. We both agreed this place is how we'd do it. A small, smart, comfortable hotel for grown ups.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a night in the Scarlet suite. The room was amazing, the staff were very helpful. Loved the little extra touches that they provide. Fantastic breakfast too. This is a 'must try' for any romantic getaway. Would highly recommend and will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We didn't see the other rooms but the Scarlet Suite was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MHN449
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am writing this review on behalf of someone that stayed but doesn't speak english. My parents booked this hotel to visit me in Farnham as I am a local and they brought my little brother with them. Unfortunately they didn't understand from the website that the baby couldn't go with them. This was a problem at the time because they wanted to cancel their reservation and go somewhere else, but then they would lose the money. This is completely our fault, and i'm not taking it into consideration in the review, but it's important to note that it is a child free hotel. The baby ended up staying with me for and they used the two nights they had paid for and cancelled the rest.
Apart from that, they are still talking about how wonderful the hotel was, several months after their visit ! My mum is very picky about hygiene in a hotel and I think this is as pleased as she has ever been. My dad loved the bed, though the decoration was very tasteful and they both complimented the gentleman at reception on how nice and helpful he was. In the end they wished it wasn't a child free hotel because they want to keep going back for more :) Thank you for making their stay so good!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SaraAlmeida1992
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed 2 nights, the 1st night in the scarlet suite which was unfortunately booked for the 2nd night so we stayed in Decadence for our second night in the hotel. The Scarlett suite is definately worth paying the extra for but the decance is still a comfortable room. My husband arranged for champagne to be in our room on arrival. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in our room (only available in the scarlett suite). The double bath in the bedroom is very luxurious and really relaxing. The bed was massive and very comfortable with egyptian cotton sheets. The food was excellent and a warm welcome received on arrival. Small touches like fresh milk provided if you don't want plastic uht milk for your complimentary tea & Coffee. The Scarlett suite has an espresso machine with a large variety of coffees. In the bar area free snacks are provided which is a nice touch. The hotel is located in a normal suburban area but in easy walking distance of Farnham. The art work and decoration were very tasteful better than most hotels. I'd recommend this hotel especially for a romantic occassion.

Room Tip: If you're looking for romance the scarlett suite is a must. It is near the road but ear plugs ar...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carolinefromhere
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I booked a weekend stay to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary; what a fantastic anniversary we had! We arrived quite late but were greeted warmly and felt at home right away. The rest of our stay was quite simply one of the best we've had. We planned to do all sorts of things but felt so welcome and at home we never left the hotel. The food, beverages and room were flawless as was the hospitality! We are planning to return as soon as we can find (bribe) someone to have our twins for a few nights again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing but the Scarlet Suite, Parisian Dreams and Decadence are worth a special m...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnham
Frensham Pond Country House Hotel & Spa
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
Premier Inn Farnham
Premier Inn Farnham
#1 of 6 in Farnham

Been to Hotel de Vie? Share your experiences!