“Do NOT stay here, its like Fawlty Towers” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mulberry

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Farnham
The Mulberry
Atlanta, Georgia
“Do NOT stay here, its like Fawlty Towers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

I booked the hotel for two reasons, as a business traveler I needed to use Amex and have internet access. Both these were promised on the phone and advertised on their web page. When we arrive after an long tiring transatlantic travel day we are informed by a couldn't care less attitude boy behind the bar that they dont take Amex and its not on their web page and I wasnt told that it was on the phone, basically calling me a liar.After going round and round he (funnily enough) remembered they did take Amex but there would be a GBP5 EXTRA for it!
Then the internet didnt work and when I expressed how important it was for my work all I got was a shrug of the shoulders and "its not our fault". When it did work the only way I could connect to it was by hanging out the window to get signal (Fawlty Towers couldnt do better). The breakfast room was horrible, the milk was rotten on two occasions. When it was The Blueboy a cooked breakfast was included! Lights didnt work in the rooms and the hallway lights didnt work either
And why would you book a middle aged couple in a room over the noisy bar when the rooms furthest away from the bar were available (as we found out the next day from the maids?)
I dont why I booked it again in 2011. I called and booked a GBP35 room and confirmed. I got there early in the am and there was no one there. Was let in my room by a maid. Later that day I went to pay and was told I had to pay GBP65. I didnt book or want a GBP65 room, if you put me in the wrong room its my fault?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Triumphrob2080

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Welcome wasnt friendly but we did get showed to our room. Although, the room was clean, this hotel needs a major lick of paint, it just looks so unloved. The towels stank of chip fat, perhaps they are washed with the chef whites - who knows! There were dirty fingerprints all over the walls. It was freezing, we both had to sleep in jumpers. The shower curtain was covered in mould. They may aswell not have windows as there so old you can hear the thumping of music till 3am and the dual carriageway. Finally, we were told breakfast was included to only go down in the morning to noone around and nothing out - I think for £60 (same as most premier inns!) standards should be a LOT higher and I would recommend staying elsewhere in Farnham and paying £10 more.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura21511
newport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

from the moment i walked through the door i was met by louise that(with the biggist smile and welcome)showed me to my room.it was basic, but contained everything i needed for a confortable stay.....the bar life(during the severn week duration of my stay)always provided a host of interesting people to meet drink and laugh with...never saw any trouble for the whole duration as max the bar manager was the most diplomatic 18 year old ive ever met ,and as for john(manager)and the rest of the bar staff,i (as well as my work mate)was always treated exeptionaly well. right then.....the price..... i doubt you will find a cheaper short term residence in farnham that includes a breakfast...when it comes to the breakfast(consisting of a small room that contains a frige stocked with a range of juicys milk and a variety of breads....a toaster..and cutlery) dont be suprised to find no dining room.....remember you are probably not going to find accomodation this good with no breakfast!!!! live music on at least two nights a week.....cool projector in the beer garden for footie golf n cricket......and.if it sounds like i am bias towards the mulberry or i sound like a friend then that is what i am after spending time there i can safely say its the only place to stay.......watch out for jock..in the fish and chip shop over the road....if you get bored of burgers.....!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank eurowilba
Dorset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

I booked this hotel for it's location as i was attending a course just a short walk away. Only read the last review the night before while looking for the post code to feed into the sat nav and was obviously more than a lttle concerned, but since staying there I think it was a bit harsh! Yes the hotel is quite dated, but I understand that it has recently changed hands, and the new owner is getting there, but these things don't happen over night. The room was clean, as was the bathroom. but apart from that it did feel a bit depressing! The stairs and landings are also very dark and dingy, with a few new light bulbs needed, and the breakfast room does leave alot to be desired. However after all that is said the staff are very friendly and helpful, and you must bear in mind what you are paying to stay there. I must mention that they have recently changed the bar menu, and are now specialising in Gourmet Burgers, and I was very surprised to find that the food is really really good. This is the first major change the new owner has done, and if the food is anything to go by then I would like to think that in a year or two the whole place will have changed for the better. They say you get what you pay for, and in this case it is true. I would not avoid it like the plague, as the review before said, just don't go there with very high expectations! it is what it is!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank LJKDorset
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2006

Great food and good value pub style accommodation. Try to get a rate which includes food. Some traffic noise but ideal location for travelling by road or rail.

3 Thank 1kiwi