1 Park Row B&B
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewscooked breakfastcentral locationfarnham castleadds to the charmscrambled or boiled eggsshared bathroomwhilst attending a coursecouple who runyogurtarrived earlierhome from hometwin roomroom keybed and breakfasta lovely stayhigh streetbiscuits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place was great! The room and house was clean, the people were nice. It wasn't at all fancy, but it was central and fit my budget. I loved that the breakfast was serve yourself when you were ready. It made it easy for me to keep my busy schedule and not be tied to a specific breakfast time or the requirement to sit for a hot breakfast. It really suited what I needed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kendra F
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We too have recently stayed at 1 Park Row, we were told before we arrived that there was some work going on, and new bathrooms were being put into other rooms(not in our room, but the room we were in, will have a new one this month too.) it was explained the work, was in the day time and it may be a little noisy, we never actually heard any noise, but we were out most of the time, the hosts, gave us lots of information on things to do day and night, the local town is wonderful and there are many good places to eat, breakfast was plentiful, lots of choice and available at a time that suited us, the room was clean and tidy, plenty of wardrobe space,would definitely go back and would recommend to anyone who wants a nice B&B in a lovely town, with a friendly and helpful welcome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt C
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have just stayed the for the weekend at 1 Park Row and was amazed to see the comments made about the B&B and felt compelled to put our point of view across.

Sure the B&B is having work done, but it was explained to us on arrival and the owners apologised for this.

The fact that they are having the bathrooms renovated while keeping the B&B is I am sure a challenge, but from our point of view it is being managed very successfully.

To be honest our room was spotless and the breakfast was as described, the owners are very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to explain where things were in Farnham, where to park and what restaurants are good etc.

They also explained that all the bathrooms would be finished by the end of June 2013 and that they will have a new Twin/Double room available, we where shown the room, it will be stunning old beams and a massive bathroom.

We for one look forward to coming back to Farnham and staying at 1 Park Row again!.

Room Tip: If you want culture a clean room (without finger nails!) and a good night sleep then I would recommend One Park Row.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tracey G
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were told to go in by the builder as no one was in, found our room key in an envelope downstairs. Appology was made later but I didn't think it was good enough knowing you had guests arriving. The room was a good size (No.4) but not very clean, there was dust and also nai clippings by the side of the bed which I thought was quite disgusting!! I left a note by the bed to advise of this as I didn't want anyone to think they were mine. If they do have a cleaner she or he need to go to "specsavers". The en-suite was very dusty and the bath was sooo slippery that I decided not to have a shower as you have to stand in the bath and no safety mat was provided. As I am recovering from knee surgery I thought it sensible not to take a chance. Breakfast was just about acceptable but NO croissants were provided even though they were listed on the menu. So glad we were only staying for one night!!!

Room Tip: Try a different B&B in Farnham!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SteveDriver, Owner at 1 Park Row B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

I can only apologies to Carol S, we are in the process of upgrading all our bathrooms which is why we have builders in and out the house.

We have had comments about the toilet in room1 not flushing and the bath and floors being slippery before and in response to this we are now upgrading all the bathrooms and by the end of June 2013 the work will be complete.

We will also have a new Twin room with luxury shower, old beams which will also be open at the end of June, this lovely room can also be reserved as a double.

In the mean time her comments have been passed to our team and we will endeavour to improve our service levels going forward.

Regards
Steve

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic location and lovely rooms. But this is a second visit and on both occasions the loo would not flush. Breakfast not outstanding and as this is not a particularly cheap establishment feel this should be addressed

• Stayed: December 2012