Farnham House Hotel
$128
$99
Hotel de Vie(Farnham)
$100
The Princess Royal(Farnham)(Great Value!)
$69
$123
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
$121
Premier Inn Farnham(Farnham)(Great Value!)
$73
PremierInn.com
All reviewswedding venuebeautiful groundsposter bedsandwicheswedding receptionlovely hotelwonderful weddingfood was lovelydaughters weddingafternoon teawould stay againshort breakhelenfifunctionbarman
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Don't live far from Farnham at all but decided to get away from home and have a quiet weekend together enjoying a few good meals, drinking and chatting. The room we had was absolutely super, clean and well looked after. Breakfast was great and dinner was worth staying in for. Found the bar area very cosy for after dinner drinks and walking up the staircase to our room was so much nicer than having to get into a car and drive home. The staff were exceptionally friendly and service standards high even though the hotel was nearly fully booked the weekend we stayed. Went for a lovely leisurely walk on the Sunday after breakfast. Fantastic location.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2009

What a rip-off! Although the hotel looks lovely from the outside and has real potential if it were completely refurbished as the basic structure and grounds are lovely, I was very disappointed with my stay. My first impression upon entering was that the lobby smelled like a musty bar and all the carpets were tartan -- as my friend said, "It looks like Scotland threw up in here". I had a single room, priced at £85, which was tiny with flourescent strip lighting and smelled musty. The bathroom was dingy with peeling linoleum. There was no duvet, instead a polyester coverlet. My friends had a single and a twin, and these were equally disappointing. At breakfast there was no tea and when it finally arrived it tasted of coffee -- they had obviously re-used the coffee urn for tea.

We really laughed when we saw the signs suggesting one could hold a wedding here -- maybe if you had a marquee on the lawn and didn't let anyone into the building!

If my single room had been £30 I wouldn't complain so much but I expected a touch of luxury for £85 in the middle of the country!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank hcccf
jonnyonbusiness, Owner at Farnham House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

We are sorry that you didn't have an enjoyable stay and since many rooms have undergone refurbishment and improvements to operational standards undertaken. However the reception is a very appealing feature to many of our guests, particularly brides, many of whom have posted reviews on Hitched that confirm the hotel as a very popular choice for weddings.

Reviewed September 6, 2009

I was staying at this hotel as part of a wedding party that had exclusive use of the hotel and my first impression was good - the outside of the hotel is beautiful and fascinating to look at. I had asked on booking and again when I phoned a week before arrival to be put into a room next door to a friend of mine who was staying by herself however upon checking in they had put us in different corners of the hotel. We complaining to the unorganised Reception Team they did try and move us together but in the end we had to setlle for being in the same corridor. Rooms were tatty and in need of a coat of paint at least but did have the basic facilities and the sight of conference chairs piled haphazardly in the corridor and partially blocking a fire exit did concern me a little. The wedding breakfats itself was excellent - organised and friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure everyone was catered for and the food was hot and tasty!!! Duringa break in the day, I decided to walk around the grounds although they are not extensive as first appears and the swimming pool had a very green look about it and smelt odd. We were assured that this was algae that had grown on the bottom of the pool and was harmless but that they were trying to remove but it did look particularly welcoming. Corridors are quite noisy and our room was situated opposite the breakfast room which did not lead to a lie in at all. The bar is quaint but not ideal for a busy wedding reception.Overall, we had no choice but to stay at this hotel due to the wedding being held there but I would not go back for a personal stay due to the lack of organisation and general upkeep of the hotel

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FarnboroughRuthR
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This hotel is in a great location with lovely grounds and looks the business from outside. Internally, the decor is faded and the rooms are clean, but need updating (tartan carpets??). It obviously does a lot of business from weddings - we were there Friday & Saturday for a wedding (off-site), and both nights they were booked with weddings.

The staff are fantastic - young, friendly and very keen to please, they really stood out in making this an above-average stay. Havieng read previous reviews, I called beforehand and asked to be put in rooms on the top floor, and upgraded if possible. The girl on the phone said she would put us in rooms as far away from the wedding action as possible, but if we wanted to be upgraded, this would put us in a room above the party - we stuck with the former, and slept blissfully unaware of everything.

Breakfast was your typical full English buffet, sausages a cut above the usual, everything else nothing special, nothing bad.

The outdoor swimming pool is a big plus - its not bath hot, but wasn't cold either.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gavstergav
Reviewed May 26, 2009

The Farnham House Hotel is in a gorgeous location, surrounded by countryside (so it's very quiet) yet only a few minutes from main roads / motorways for easy access. My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights at the end of May. The staff were very helpful, polite and friendly.

Having read the reviews here, we also asked to be moved to another room after being allocated one next to the shingle-covered car park (I'm a light sleeper). Maybe secondary double glazing would help? Both rooms we saw were small and very basic in furnishings. This is NOT a luxury hotel although the external views give that impression.

Unfortunately it seems the owners (Hollybourne Hotels) are not re-investing much as far as the interior of the hotel goes; it's really crying out for refurbishment (and I would agree with some of the views here - a more powerful vaccuum cleaner would be a good start!). The shower hose had a huge split in it. The iron we asked for had a burnt plate. The decor could be ignored, but the extremely uncomfortable bed definitely could not. I spent the entire night trying not to roll into my boyfriend. At 85k (him) and 66k (me) we are not that heavy, either!

The breakfast was of poor quality (cheap sausages), but edible anyway.

On a more positive note, the tennis court and swimming pool were great and the gardens absolutely beautiful. The building itself is a lovely old country house, so it's a real pity the owners aren't bothering to take care of it. This could be a great hotel if it was re-furbished and the quality of the food improved just a notch. I would recommend this hotel for no more than two nights and only then to someone who isn't too particular about things but who appreciates a nice location.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple