“Disappointed”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Good choice of food ,excellent steak and chips and staff all very friendly and helpful .large garden with well thought out play area .
Very disappointed however that there were so many dogs running about off lead and uncontrolled that were begging round tables ,scaring children and worst of all wee'ing and pooping while we were trying to eat !totally put off returning again I'm afraid ,not everyone loves dogs !

1  Thank Paul D
There are newer reviews for The Bluebell

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I visited for lunch on the 19th June 2014 with a friend who was home after a couple of years away at university. We both fancied something homely, without being too basic, and having heard good things, decided to visit the Bluebell. We were not let down in any way.
As the pub serve fresh, high quality and beautifully presented food, it is to be expected that there would only be a few options on the menu, but there were at least 10 items to choose from, all of which had appeal to both of us. I had the Stilton stuffed burger, my friend the Cider sausage and mash, and we both thought the flavours and presentation were superb, as was the service we received from the waitress, who was busy but very polite and chatty.

We also had the coconut and rum parfait to share for a dessert (both stuffed after our mains, but couldn't resist temptation from the interesting and varied selection), and we were both blown away by both presentation and deliverance, it packed a serious punch, accompanied perfectly by A sharp pineapple sorbet, which one can only presume was home made, it had real character and natural flavour which just can't come from mass production.

I urge people to take negative reviews with a pinch of salt, this place has real character, real passion and most importantly, real food created by real masters of their profession. Hat's off to the chef and his team.

I will certainly visit again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

After hearing about the amazing food at the bluebell, myself and my partner decided it was time to check out the hype for ourselves. We were not disappointed to say the least. The restaurant area is cosy and well presented, the al a cart menu that we ate from was an eye opener of adventurous ideas and and mouth watering flavours. The service was also up to the standard of the food and the surroundings. After this visit we decided to return to the bluebell for a special occasion on which we received another brilliant dinning experience, this then encouraged us to advise others to visit the bluebell to try it for themselves and encouraged another night of dinning where we brought family along with us who where also extremely impressed with the menu and the great service. Overall a great restaurant and brilliant food.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stay away if you'd like to order anything that isn't smothered in a sweet, sickly paste (laughably called Jus) I'd love to fully go into greater depth about the experience of this pub however anyone who has had the misfortune of disagreeing with the manager is clearly not entitled to their own opinion. A thoroughly unpleasent experience in which you are belittled and condescended to throughout, and TOLD that you must like their food as it's satisfied an (over exaggerated) 200+ people.

I can only suggest, that surely if the pub was that nice to eat at and the Chef's food as amazingly sought after as claimed, he wouldn't be working in this ramshackle and laughable excuse for a pub.

This is my free and independent review, and the manager of said pub should beware that no amount of bullying can make up for- not change - the despicable experience had there.

11  Thank Danib98
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Popped in early Friday evening for a quick drink after work, didn't eat this time but menu looked adventurous and it was so refreshing to not see the usual fish and chips although there were more simple options like the Bluebell burger. Staff were very friendly and I definitely plan on returning for a bite to eat.

1  Thank Will W