“Spanish evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bluebell

The Bluebell
Ranked #22 of 127 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Spanish evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to The Bluebell last night (Saturday 19th) for their Spanish evening. The pub is very nice indeed with a lovely local atmosphere. The food on the whole was good though one had to wait a long time between courses, like an hour. The paella was not particularly good which was a shame as it is the most Spanish of all dishes so was chosen by many of the guests. Still the evening was very enjoyable and the long wait gave us all time to talk.

“Could not fault!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I also visited on this busy Saturday above! Although there was a wait on food (which we were informed about) I cannot fault this pub. Staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was clearly fresh and tasted amazing! Would definitely recommend to friends, family and even strangers!! Was great value for money and will be returning! Thank you!

Leeds
“Lovely pub, freshly cooked food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I visited the pub with my parents last Saturday lunch time and thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I had the grilled avocado to start which was delicious followed by the smoked chicken salad, which again was very tasty. My dad had the Dockenfield burger which he really enjoyed.
It was in a lovely setting and had a huge garden and play area for children. I would really recommend it, also a lovely destination to walk to, even if it is a little tucked away its worth the detour.

• Visited September 2013
Farnham, United Kingdom
“The One Hour Fifteen Minute Burger!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place has a checkered past but living down the road and having visited it for drinks I decided to give it a chance for Saturday lunch.
We arrived at 1:00pm prompt for our reservation. Placed our order — two burgers and a ham sandwich for a child (on brown bread) — not so complicated!
After a 40" wait I complained and was advised; "We are very busy sir and we are trying the best we can".
After a 60" wait my guest pleaded for his daughter's sandwich and I asked to see the owner to be advised he was out for the day.
After a 75" wait we were served our burgers and the tenant miraculously appeared behind the bar.
When he didn't come across to apologise, I beckoned him across and asked him what we had done to deserve such disastrous service. He explained; " they had been caught out because they didn't expect to be busy and that everything was cooked fresh and they were just a small village pub". I advised him that all of that was fine but don't expect to see me again."
Fifteen minutes later he returned with a £40 voucher and said; "I know you probably won't come back but I'd like to give you this."
I payed my bill, left his voucher on the table and left.
Frankly, this one is for the read and laugh file. Unless you have sado masochistic tendencies, avoid like the plague. You work too hard for your money to spend it like this!

2 Thank David C
BraveSir, Owner at The Bluebell, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear David, thank you for your review and let me apologise again, waiting that long for your food is unacceptable. I think your review is justified but feel "one for the read and laugh file" and "avoid like the plague" is somewhat unnecessary. As you know, having visited previously, the service you received was not typical. I left very qualified staff to run the pub and was out for just over an hour, I got it wrong as I told you, it was a lot busier than I expected it to be.
As you know, because I told you, I rushed back from a walk with my family, specifically to apologise to you in person.(not that miraculous!) I was waiting for you to finish eating before I talked to you. I then went to print a voucher for you,alongside the free drinks we gave you,by way of an apology, it may have taken a little over five minutes (not sure why times relevant here?)I also explained to you it has been very hard to judge how busy we will be, I have been caught out a couple of times this summer, but I don't have any history to go on ( the pub was closed last year)
It's a shame you're not coming back ( I was only repeating what you said!!) you're going to miss out on a beautiful,local, independent, fresh food pub develop and thrive and become established,somewhere that supports local business and gets it right 99% of the time.
You will, of course, always be welcome here.
Robin
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Good pub if you have kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This pub has a good selection of ales (4 pumps) and the food looks interesting although we didn't try any on this visit. Staff are also friendly and efficient.

The large garden is great for families judging by the number of children running around but this can ruin the enjoyment for others (it did have the feel of being at a 5 year olds birthday party and we saw a few people leave as a result of this!). That said, not really the pubs fault and without the family trade there would be no pub!

Worth a visit if you are in the area.

• Visited August 2013