“Very enjoyable lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #10 of 126 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled in the middle of a row of beautiful Georgian townhouses on Castle Street, our French brasserie spreads through several cosy rooms, with a lovely bar for pre-dinner drinks. The restaurant has tables small and large plus fabulous banquette seating so it can be whatever you want it to be: cosy, romantic, lively or fun - depending on your occasion and your companions! Our beautiful, secret garden is a popular retreat where guests can dine al fresco in the summer months and upstairs is a stylish private room that seats up to 24 for board meetings, special events, or celebration dinners.
UK
“Very enjoyable lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Four of us took lunch at the Brasserie on a Friday. When we arrived the sun was out and we were welcomed and then offered a table in the pleasant garden, but we elected for a table inside. Being England the sun was patchy and there was some wind, so we were pleased to have made that decision.
The choice was from the Mama Blanc Set Menu, or A la Carte.
Two of us went A la Carte, the others took the set menu. On a future visit, I would most likely again opt for A la Carte, as the choice was better and, though more expensive, I believe it was worth the extra cost.
I can only speak for my meal. I started with a delicious Coastal Cheddar Cheese Soufflé that was light and very tasty with its warm Cheddar Sauce. Tasty, and not too filling, in preparation for the main course.
Next I shared Chateaubriand. We asked for medium/well, and that is how it came, nicely carved and served at the table. The beef was tender and tasty, the Bearnaise sauce a good accompaniment. We drank the house wine, which was perfectly acceptable.
Finally, Crepes Suzette, again shared. Well presented, not over oranged, and served with a scoop of ice cream.
Service was attentive and pleasant. The Brasserie lacked a little ambience as it was not full, but the decor is really nice.
I would certainly go there again. A nicely informal formality, if that makes any sense.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

UK
“Can't even get coffees right!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Just popped in for two coffees. My Mum's was stone cold and my milk was served in a dirty jug - there was food floating in it. Really? Is it that difficult?

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ClipclopUk
Liphook, United Kingdom
“Senior Diners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Located in Castle Street and once an upmarket ladies dress shop, the restaurant has been refurbished with a totally new atmosphere of a gentleman club, in keeping with the local architecture
Although we dined off the Al carte menu, the set lunch menu of just under £15 per person, was of excellent value and choice. The quality of food was outstanding, as was the staff, friendly and very informative of the dishes.
The house white wine is to be recommended.
On the cards for another visit, and may be eat out in the garden area.

• Visited June 2014
Hindhead, England, United Kingdom
“Business lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Seeking a business lunch the brasserie never fails to impress. Today we enjoyed the new menu and had a very relaxed and good lunch. I enjoy Prosecco and this was very reasonable at £5 a glass. My business guest insists that we lunch their again soon. Thank you for a great lunch. I also enjoy a breakfast of coffee and eggs benedict in peaceful relaxed atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
Llandysul, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

From the moment they asked me if I wanted my pre-meal drink (Old Speckled Hen) served chilled or at room temperature I knew we were set for an excellent evening.

From the menu through the presentation and taste of the food to the standard of service from the polite attentive staff Brasserie Blanc proved a superb choice for our party.

Visited May 2014