“Lovely evening...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #10 of 126 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled in the middle of a row of beautiful Georgian townhouses on Castle Street, our French brasserie spreads through several cosy rooms, with a lovely bar for pre-dinner drinks. The restaurant has tables small and large plus fabulous banquette seating so it can be whatever you want it to be: cosy, romantic, lively or fun - depending on your occasion and your companions! Our beautiful, secret garden is a popular retreat where guests can dine al fresco in the summer months and upstairs is a stylish private room that seats up to 24 for board meetings, special events, or celebration dinners.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Hi. Visited here on Sat with another couple. Top marks for the Beef Stroganoff, the Spiced Lamb Sausages and the Cod Fillet. The Burger wasn't great; the first one wasn't properly cooked & was rejected. Replacement was better...still not great. However it was well handled by the staff. Waiting staff efficient & friendly. Desserts all good. Great value at £165 for 4 people - 3 courses each, wine, water and soft drinks. Nice ambience.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Poor food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I visted brassiere blanc sat eve the staff were very good and friendly. However the food was extremely poor I ordered the lamb sausages the presentation was poor they were swimming around in a vegetable water purée. My husband ordered beef bourguignon which had a big lump of fat in it. Again poor presentation for both meals. Which also came to the table steaming. I would save your money.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Frensham, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Firstly, let me say that my wife and I have supported Brasserie Blanc in Farnham since it opened.
We have enjoyed some good meals, but the standard simply isn't consistently good. This definitely makes us hesitate to book again.
We dined in Blanc on Saturday evening a week ago. My wife's set meal was OK and the wine choice is always good. However my starter was, frankly, rubbish. Watery cod croquettes on a very tired bed of poor quality lettuce. You would do better from a frozen packet. Then I had two tiny lamb noisettes on some kind of puréed veg. Not good and only £18 !! Please....
Get a grip chefs/management. And why oh why can you get a medium rare burger in any London restaurant but Blanc in Farnham says that they can only serve well done (read 'tasteless') burgers? Ridiculous.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Farnham, United Kingdom
“For ladies who lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Did a special price menu for lunch which was very good and even had an offer of a glass of wine for £2.50 very enjoyable and at a price that would tempt you to lunch more often.

• Visited February 2014
Fleet, England, United Kingdom
“Fine dining?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner there last night. Disappointed somewhat. Starter was lovely, but my rump steak, medium rare was so rare that I had to return it for further cooking and considering all the steaks I have eaten out this was a first for me over very many years!! Well, my husband and I decided to go for the shared dessert of Baked Alaska. Watching the waiter try to cut it in half with a knife was scary!! It was so hard-the ice cream and the sponge-I was waiting for it to fly off the plate!! He assured us that it had been in the oven for 7 minutes-I do not think so as the meringue looked like it had been blow torched and that was the finish along with the alcohol and the matches to see the flames leap into the air. He just about put them out! Solid through and through!! Hard to eat! Very disappointing considering the cost of the meal. More fresh vegetables and fruit would be most welcome. Presentation not too good either.

Visited March 2014