“Refreshingly new”
Review of The Wheatsheaf

The Wheatsheaf
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Under new management and now serving fresh, seasonal dishes cooked by passionate chefs. Food is locally sourced wherever possible and served in a welcoming and friendly environment.We serve a great pint of local ale too!
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Refreshingly new”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Quality of food was suburb. The fish was very fresh and the batter very light.
Be careful when ordering steak as they do tend to over cook it, I asked for medium rare, but more on the rare side, it did come out medium to well done, there was no hesitation in recooking it and then the quality of the steak was suburb.

• Visited July 2013

Exeter, New Hampshire
“No frills but good. Helpful with gluten free.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wehen we asked about gluten free options, the bar tender when back to talk withy e chef, and came back with what the choices would be. It worked out fine, and I had ham and egg with chips.

Visited July 2013
“Very excited!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I recently found out through a friend that this place had new management in and that it was definitely worth a look. I'm glad I did! The Manager was friendly and the food was delicious. They are going to be closing for a refurbishment at some point and I am very excited at the thought of a pub in Farnham that ticks all the boxes.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MalcolmHickory
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Best lunch in Farnham!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I saw the notice outside this pub at the weekend and popped in just to look around as it has changed hands... we ended up staying for the best lunch I have had in Farnham for a long time!
The young guy serving was extremely friendly; chatting with us about the pubs’ plans and inviting us to have a good look around and view the new menu (which all looked delicious!).
We ended up staying for lunch and enjoyed a burger with chips; yummy according to my friend, and a goat's cheese salad. I love goat's cheese so have had this type of salad a lot in the past but this is now top of my list!
We couldn't resist sharing the honeycomb cheesecake for pudding. Simply put, you have to try it!
The wheatsheaf is now a great place to eat in a town which really needed a pub which serves top quality food. We will be back for sure!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Suzi C
“Great lunch, fresh and tasty”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Three of us had a great lunch here today, two burgers and a roasted aubergine with applewood cheese. So good were the burgers I asked the chef to write me out the recipe and he duly obliged. The pub is so much better with new owners, cleaner, better food / beer and happy efficient staff. Our office is only a couple of doors down so very convenient for work lunches, we will be back.

1 Thank SOTR