“A lovely evening”

Lion and Lamb Cafe
Ranked #35 of 131 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your local B.Y.O wine restaurant! Simple fresh food, using local produce and great coffee. We serve food in a buzzy, friendly, informal environment. Hire our private room upstairs 4 free. Fully licensed, there is a varied selection of wines, available at differing price points. Also B.Y.O. WINE! corkage £5 a bottle. Private room upstairs that seats up to 30 people. Please check out our photos. Free Wi Fi. Open 7 days a week Breakfast 9-12, Lunch 12-3, Dinner 6-11pm. Home of the kids chocolate making parties.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked the Lion and Lamb cafe for my husbands surprise birthday dinner, for 20 people. Being my favorite place in Farnham to go for lunch (love the pulled pork bap and sausage sandwich) I thought they offered a very reasonable set menu (£25 for 3 courses) with a good range of dishes and of course the BYO.

I know that some of the reviews below have not been the best but i can honestly say that I don't know what could have happened because i have never had anything but extremely yummy food at the cafe, and I have eaten in some very nice restaurants, in fact i will go as far as to say that out of the food i have tried in Farnham, this is probably my favorite dinner so far!

It wasn't just me that thought so either, all members of our 20 strong party thought that the food was particularly good. The service and attention to detail that we received was excellent and overall we all had a wonderful time. You can trust that this was not just the company, or the wine as I am currently pregnant, unable to drink, and very picky about my food!!

So there we have have it, don't be put off by the handful of average reviews, give it a try, you may find yourself very pleasantly surprised.

I am certainly going back fro dinner next time i eat out in Farnham :)

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Nice Place to sit outside, and enjoy the local people go by, as it he's quite interesting to watch people from all walk's of life stroll up and down the Lion Lambs passage way.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

It's a really pretty room and we wondered why it was completely empty on a Saturday night. The answer soon became apparent. The food is terrible. It's the kind if quality that would be produced by a cook who has only ever made beans on toast and the ingredients are poor too. The mozzarella for the starter had a runny consistency, fish and chips were burned, the so-called lamb curry was more like new potatoes in a thin gravy and the creme brûlée was curdled. I have no idea why it's always so busy during the day - we certainly won't be going back.

2  Thank SeasideFan57
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at a little B&B in Farnham that didn't do cooked breakfast, & as we had full days we found this place. Went back for the second day as the breakfast was so good the first day! Around £20 for two lattes & two full English. Would go back there.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Been here twice recently. Once for Breakfast and again for Lunch.

Service was OK just lacking a little cheer.

Breakfast was good. Full English - very filling and quite tasty. Would have again.

Lunch was a little disappointing. Had Lamb Burger which looked and smelled very good. Tasted very average and came with an enormous amount of green leaves. Think I'll stick to the 'light Lunch' options next time....