“Worth a visit”

Lion and Lamb Cafe
Ranked #38 of 131 Restaurants in Farnham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your local B.Y.O wine restaurant! Simple fresh food, using local produce and great coffee. We serve food in a buzzy, friendly, informal environment. Hire our private room upstairs 4 free. Fully licensed, there is a varied selection of wines, available at differing price points. Also B.Y.O. WINE! corkage £5 a bottle. Private room upstairs that seats up to 30 people. Please check out our photos. Free Wi Fi. Open 7 days a week Breakfast 9-12, Lunch 12-3, Dinner 6-11pm. Home of the kids chocolate making parties.
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

A wide range of food available, from pulled pork baps to sheppards pie. Quick service and friendly. It s a great location in the centre of farnham.

1  Thank rebecca h

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Lion and Lamb provided an excellent location for my daughters pre- wedding dinner for family, friends and future in laws. The private function room was ideal for a gathering of 20 people, many of whom who had not met before and indeed for some was their first visit to England. The owner, Magdalena, had prepared the upstairs room beautifully and menu's had been specifically personalised for the occasion. The food and service was faultless and being able to provide our own wine was a nice touch. Magdalena was extremely helpful and accommodating throughout the entire experience, from booking to tailoring the menu to our specific requirements and providing a superb ambiance. All of the staff were friendly and met all our requests in a thoroughly professional manner. The entire evening was a really lovely experience and superb value for money.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Visited the Lion and Lamb two weeks ago for dinner with a group of friends. The setting is lovely, really pretty at night time. The menu was limited but thats forgiveable until business picks up, but worse, the quality was really quite poor. The portions were small, overpriced and very very basic. I had Cured Salmon, Beetroot and Land Cress Salad....which was a small portion of smoked salmon pieces, packet beetroot and leaves...for £10. It was hardly surprising we were the only people there.
Its a shame because I think it could be a really nice relaxed venue, but the quality needs a massive improvement to draw people in and to give some ambience. I like to support local businesses but don't think I will be going back.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

BYO is a great idea but the wines on offer are good value for money anyway. Food was also really good value for money - £15 for 2 courses. There was plenty of food and it was certainly tasty. Service was good too.

1  Thank Shirley P
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I´m shocked about the previous review as my experience was totally different. I enjoyed a delicious banana cake and two glasses of rose prosecco while my kids had a chocolate milkshake, a fresh and healthy one. The waitress was attentive to them and perfectly correct to me. I was also delighted by the selection of wines in this restaurant and the services wasn´t bad at all. However I noticed they were looking for a new chef as there was a note on the window. I think the decoration is beautiful with traditional tiles and little touches that make the atmosphere very pleasant and comfortable. I will definitely come back and try the food too.

1  Thank SoniaAssuncao