Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel
$104
$128
$123
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Farnham(Farnham)(Great Value!)
$72
PremierInn.com
$72
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Aldershot Hotel(Aldershot)(Great Value!)
$50
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
$92
Holiday Inn Farnborough(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
$120
Aviator(Farnborough)
$146
$128
All reviewsoak loungehigh streetground floormiddle of townan updatestayed here for one nightcomfy bedafternoon teavenuepubs
Frimley Surrey
Reviewed November 5, 2005

My daughter and her new husband had their wedding reception here at the end of October. We had a wonderful day. The organisation was excellent, the food delicious and the service brilliant. All the staff were polite, helpful and competent. The rooms were comfortable and everyone who stayed (and there were a large number of us) said they would stay at the Bush again.

Stayed: October 2005
Hampshire
Reviewed September 28, 2005

We have just had our wedding reception at The Bush and wanted to write a review to defend the hotel from the couple of other complanits about it on this site so that readers don't get the wrong impression!
The hotel itself is lovely with lots of interesting historical features (see the indoor ceiling sundial in the oak lounge) and is also in the centre of farnham which is a lovely town.
The service could not have been any better either on our wedding day (thankyou hiney and team!) or on the numerous occasions that we visited the hotel for lunch, afternoon tea and to check wedding details with Diane the coordinator.
The rooms were great, we stayed in the Figg Room which was a classic room in the old part of the hotel with a big bed and lovely lounge area. The champagne in our room was also lovely!
Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel either for a wedding or just for a nice break!
VK

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed August 31, 2005

My firrm uses this hotel. We do not expect luxury, just a bed for the night and breakfast. This is what you get. NOT MUCH MORE!

The rooms are clean and have been updated a little. The beds seemed better, but don't expect air conditioning or anything luxurious.

Thankfully we dined out each night. Breakfast was different. On one morning it was even passable, a change from the usual chaos. But it was also really poor on my last morning. TINY portions, like one poached egg, one piece of flat mushroom and one slice of blak pudding tthrown on the plate. The toast was deliivered 10 minuutes earlier and was already cold.
It did not seem that the restaurant staff had a good grasp of English let alone much common sense or direction from a manager.

The Verdict: Stay here ONLY if you have to. Do not expect luxury. The £110.00 per night with breakfast my company pays is too much. It is certainly not worth any more.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank JSDZH66
Essex
Reviewed July 31, 2005

We regulalry visit Macdonald hotels, some good, some not so good. The Bush hotel was one that I had always wanted to visit, it looked beautiful.

As our Wedding Anniversary was coming up and we had never visited Wisley we thought we would combine our visit with a stay at the Bush. We requested a classical room overlooking the gardens and told the reservation team that it was a romantic celebratory weekend.

We arrived and were so pleased with our beautiful room, exactly what we asked for, a beautiful room overlooking the gardens. We had a very nice evening meal, although this wasn't in the restuarant as there was a wedding going on in there. I must say that the weekend started OK but by the time we had got back to our room we realised that our expensive classical room was over the bar, I laid awake until 3.00 a.m., as once the evening reception was over everyone crammed into the bar and then finally when they all dispersed at 2.00 a.m. the bar staff had their own television on (loudly). I don't mean to be a moaner, but why couldn't the hotel have explained to us that there was a function on and that our room, although beautiful would not be quiet.

When we expressed our dissapointment to the staff the next morning, we were made to feel as if the problem was all ours, we were told to go back to reception after breakfast and they would see if they could accomodate us. They did put us in a different room, they explained that they thought it would be best if we were in the far part of the hotel, which was away from all the other guests. The room they put us in was on the top floor right in a corner. This room was a superior room, but I couldn't help thinking has someone missed the point here.

That night after finishing our meal the staff were carrying out sofas etc from the lounge and bringing in spare tables and chairs. There was a wedding in the conference room and the restaurant was not big enough to cope with the morning breakfast. We submitted and took breakfast in our room.

I've just read a review which stated that The Bush is a lovely hotel, but not able to cope, and I couldn't agree more. I was so pleased when we arrived, but couldn't wait to leave. What a shame that when there's a function happening at the hotel that the other guests are made to feel second best and do not receive the personal attention they've paid for. We certainly won't be visiting the Bush again, in fact we've had so many bad experiences with this chain of hotels that I think this will be the last one we visit.

• Stayed: July 2005
Reviewed July 10, 2005

Stayed last Saturday for a friend's wedding. The hotel was pretty and the room was nice - though there was evidence that it hadn't been cleaned as well as it could have; there was an open, unlidded shower gel bottle still in the shower.

Breakfast on the busy Sunday morning was a bit of a shambles - the staff huffed and puffed and we waited an inordinate time for our cooked "country" breakfast before a waiter came over to ask (again) if we had ordered. When it did arrive, my "country" breakfast (listed on the menu as a full english) came with one poached egg, one sausage, two slim rashers of bacon, one mushroom and one half grilled tomato. We paid the full B&B rate of £118, but if I had paid the separate £15 breakfast charge I would have been disgusted (I was anyway). We all know breakfasts don't cost that much to cater, and fair enough there was a buffet - but that had run dry when we arrived at 9.50 (breakfast ran till 10.30 - there was little in the way of replenishment). They clearly cannot cope with large amounts of guests - but for a successful and reasonably pricey hotel in a major wedding catchment area I was not impressed at all.

On check out I wasn't asked how my stay was. An automatic £1 was added to my bill as a charity contribution to a "Carers Fund". I don't mind giving to charity but I did feel that I was forced into this though the receptionist did (rather stroppily) say that I could have it removed if I wanted. I give to charity regularly and I object being made to feel like a cheapskate for even questioning something on my hotel bill (I didn't have it removed). This is awful moral blackmail.

These two experiences didn't spoil my weekend but I won't stay at this hotel again - not enough care of customers or attention to detail.

• Stayed: July 2005