Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel
$128
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
$92
Premier Inn Farnham(Farnham)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
$75
PremierInn.com
$97
Holiday Inn Farnborough(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
$125
$119
Aviator(Farnborough)
$169
$153
Falcon Hotel(Farnborough)
$104
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoak loungehigh streetground floormiddle of townan updatestayed here for one nightcomfy bedafternoon teavenuepubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nice hotel, great location. Received a pleasant welcome, but imagine my horror when I went into my bathroom to discover an "unpleasant surprise" in the toilet. A Leicestershire car park was not the place "Richard the Third" remains have been recently discovered. Otherwise, a decent room (no tea or coffee making facility though). Felt it was overpriced at nearly 90 quid for single occupancy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Simon P
BUSHFarnham, General Manager at Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Simon,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding the bathroom and I have instructed our maintenance team to resolve it. I can confirm that it was certainly not related to a failure on the part of our housekeeping team and apologize sincerely for this embarrassing situation.
Please feel free to contact me at the hotel on 01252 715237 to discuss this matter further.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had an evening dinner here with a party at Christmas and a very nice meal. The beer selection is appalling, John Smiths smooth and that's it although there is Heineken and the obligatory Fosters/Guinness but these are NOT beers.
I was here again for a lunch party the other day and we had all pre-ordered meals my starter was fine but the main course left a lot to be desired. I chose fish from the market, well that was stretching it a bit Tuna steak, the market likely being some wholesaler to Mercure who deals in frozen stock weeks old, I wonder where the market was. From the market to me is fresh fish, probably whole. The vegetables were soft and looked glazed.
I don't normally have coffe at the end and wished I hadn't - the cup and saucer were frozen and the coffe was cold within seconds of it being poured.

Well come on The Bush, get your fingers out and work at it or don't you think it necessary given your prime position and general shortage of beds in the area.

Room Tip: Eat and drink elsewhere the town is full of good places
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your regular custom and would like to apologize for the shortcomings you received when you had your last meal with us.
Rest assured that the quality of our offerings is extremely important to us and that measures will be put in place to ensure your next visit will even more pleasant than your positive Christmas visit.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Excellent service and friendly hotel. Good food and very clean public and private areas. Staff a friendly, polite, well presented and knowledgable of the local area. hotel is situated in the centre of the town yet is quiet and has good parking facilities

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank peter0022
BUSHFarnham, General Manager at Mercure Farnham Bush Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Peter0022,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the Bush Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were well looked after by the staff in the hotel. Thank you too for your recommendation. We appreciate all of our guests feedback, but it's always especially pleasing to know when we get things right, and when people love the hotel as much as we do.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 12, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Have always held the hotel with great affection; it's good value, it's well located in Farnham which has some excellent restaurants and there's a good choice of tasty food options at the hotel.

However, the last couple of trips I've had rooms varying from the tired to the downright outdated - from just rather old or fraying styling to things in the bathroom not working or poorly positioned. The staff react quickly, but one particularly noisy night (there seems to be some student accommodation nearby and if you're on a still night in rooms facing it, you hear the bass) there was nothing they could do with finding an alternate room.

Could do with a bit of an update; it remains a nice hotel, and good value but needs investment to stop it becoming another Potters International in a few years time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Paul C,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bush Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you have held the hotel with affection and hope that you will continue to do so.
I understand that on your last couple of trips that you have found some elements to be less than you have come to expect, and would like to assure you that our maintenance team are constantly working to upkeep the standards in the rooms on an ongoing basis. We appreciate you bringing these issues to light and will ensure that these are flagged to the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind Regards