“Food good - in the end...”

The Traditional Plaice
Ranked #65 of 130 Restaurants in Farnham
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Food good - in the end...”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Ok, so the local fish and chip shop near my Mum was closed (owner is on holiday) so we were forced to go further afield. After having circled the Farnham one way system 3 times in traffic (even at 6.30pm!) we finally parked in the central car park, paid parking, and found our way through to the fish shop. Quite a queue for service but after putting in our order and seeing everyone else served (including those arriving after us) we were beginning to get a little irritated. They were busy, granted, but the way the kitchen is run is so dis-organised!! Half our order was made up and packaged (and cooling down), whilst the other half was yet to be cooked!! We did finally get our order and it was pretty good, except no salt/vinegar was on a couple of the later items. I won't return in a hurry.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank FamilyOf5youngkids

Surrey
“OK”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went for the takeaway, there was a big queue--so must be popular. As a vegetarian they couldn`t confirm that the vegeburgers were cooked away from the fish!! I did have the chips but not really sure that they were cooked away from animal products!! the staff couldn`t really give me positive answers!! my family liked the fish and chips.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 27Kathy
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Best fish and Chips”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This must be the best fish and chips that we have had, we are now regulars on a Saturday, have tried other fish and chip location around the Farnham area but this is the best by far and the staff are alway friendly and pleasant.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ray O
Farnham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fish & Chips”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Wow… Just had possibly the best fish & chips I've ever eaten… and the service was so friendly. We will definitely be going back. Thank you!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank AliPope
Farnham
“I travel for miles to eat here”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Food excellent and so good that we make a special trip every week to buy our fish,chips, battered sausage and baked beans! We've never had a bad meal and are always happy the service. Anyone who has read my reviews in the past will know that I hate bad service - I've never had cause to complain about the Traditional Plaice.

• Visited February 2014