“Uncomfortable Plaice”

Ranked #87 of 131 Restaurants in Farnham
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We eat here when we want to treat ourselves to fish n chips. It is a basic restaurant attached to a Fish n Chip shop. The service is very good and always friendly. The fish is excellent and always fresh along with the chips. As yet we have not had anything refried or been standing for a while. Our veggie friends always like a mixture of starters for their mains and tell us they are very good. You get a basket of bread and the puddings are traditional. So if you expecting a high table evening out forget it. Most people go early evening and by 9.30 it is empty. However there are always people coming and going. What you do get is a meal cooked for you at a reasonable price. The batter is light and the fish I personally go for the plaice is lovely. They also can grill fish to perfection. - Uncomfortable - the seats are hard and my dad used to take his own cushion.

There are newer reviews for The Traditional Plaice

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have had good fish and chips from here in the past, recently though its been getting worse. Tonight we have come back to very greasy fish and hard under cooked chips and they're not cheap. I hope things improve soon, we won't be going back in a hurry.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

After wanting a portion of chips to go with the salad I was going to put together at home I stopped here for a large portion of chips to share with my husband and my daughter would only eat around 4 chips!

There wasn't even enough for my daughter let alone my husband and I, not only that but it took 20 mins for this single portion of chips!!

Never again! Overpriced, tiny portions, long wait!

Quality wasn't anything special either

Reviewed June 21, 2013

You'll find great meal deals that cost the same as local supermarkets. The staff are wonderful although service can be quite slow. They give you a generous amount of chips (so much so that you can't finish them). One criticism would be the cod bites are very greasy. Overall the staff and food are lovely, will definitely be coming again!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We dined in the restaurant on Friday, early evening. The meal was piping hot and was excellent, however, the staff were a trifle sloppy, knocking over a pot of coffee. The restaurant is looking quite tired, in need of a refurbishment. This however will not prevent me from returning in the near future. One comment to the management. Cook your mushy peas from scratch and do away with mashed marrowfat peas.