“Great Sunday Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anderson's - CLOSED

Anderson's
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Friendly, independent and individual makes Anderson's the ideal location to relax and unwind for single dining, intimate dinners, catching up with friends, and meetings.
UK
“Great Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We went for an "off the cuff "Sunday Lunch and it worked well. The chicken meal and roast beef were excellent with a good selection of roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding and a side dishes of vegetables. The dessert menu was enjoyable and the stick toffee pudding with sauce and custard was a good finale for the meal

AHGA, Owner at Anderson's, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments on your visit to Andersons Sundays are always a special day for us. Look forward to seeing you again Alyson and Stuart

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Worth a revisit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Very friendly staff. Interesting menu and reasonable wines. Nice decor. Very enjoyable evening. Service slow but busy Saturday evening.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
AHGA, Owner at Anderson's, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for placing your positive comments on trip advisor. Alyson and Stuart
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Friendly and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at this restaurant many times and regularly bring visitors to the area. The food is great, if u like steak there is nowhere better. The service is very welcoming. We love this restaurant and will be bringing our American guests next week.

AHGA, Owner at Anderson's, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Anderson's.
We love our restaurant and our customers are very special, we are very pleased you enjoyed your evening.
I think there may have been slight mis information regarding the card spending as we usually offer cash back on anything under £10 so sincere apologies if you felt the need to buy more drinks than you bargained for.
Have a wonderful Christmas
Alyson and Stuart
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Very relaxing and pleasant meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I visited here for the Birthday of a relative on 8th November. We were a party of 14, which for a family run restaurant, would clearly be a challenge, so I was intrigued to see how they tackled us.

Being a large group, we were placed at the rear of the restaurant, which meant that we pretty much had a private area to ourselves. I thought that this was a great idea, not because we had it to ourselves but simply because I am always conscious when I am in a large group, that the natural noise created by a group of people hurling their conversations across the table at each other can be off putting and spoil the experience for those who are there to have a quiet, romantic meal. Not many places deal with this very well but I thought that this was the best solution that Anderson's could have supplied. Great start!

I can not comment on behalf of the other 13 people within our party, but the general consensus I got was that a good time was had by all.

I started with the Soup of the day. Tomato and Red Pepper served with Crusty Bread. A nice flavoursome soup with great consistency. Would happily have that again if I were to visit here again. I thought it was lovely. It took a while to come once we had ordered it, but as most of us ordered the soup, I wouldn't be surprised if some of ours was cooked from scratch and there is often a bit of a wait with large groups, so nothing out of the ordinary there.

I had the Pan Fried Duck for main. Now whether or not you like this dish will depend on how you like your duck. Mine was a lovely shade of pink when it arrived on my plate and my mouth watered the moment the plate hit the table. Needless to day, the duck did not stay on the plate for long and it was complimented very well by the sauce and the rosti. The side vegetables were also very much to my liking. One thing that comes into mind, is that I can not recall seeing any salt or pepper on the table but the fact that I have only just remembered this shows that none was required in any case.

For my dessert, I chose the sticky toffee pudding. Everything about it was what I like in a sticky toffee pudding, which has been my favourite dessert since a kid. A nice sized portion of pudding with a decent amount of custard and sauce to go with it. It was sweet and moist and each mouthful made you look forward to the next one.

The staff were friendly and engaged in the banter that our group always likes to have. This went a long way to ensuring that an enjoyable experience was had by all. The only things stopping Andersons from getting 5 stars, is the minimum spend of £10 required when paying by card. As a group we decided to pay for our own drinks and meant that I had to buy more drinks that I had intended just to get up to the minimum spend value. Secondly, the wait for our food could have been a little better. However I feel that the staff at Andersons acknowledged this and made this right in their own way.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
AHGA, Owner at Anderson's, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for you for your kind comments Alyson and Stuart
Farnham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Top meal! It may be a bit of a walk out of town but well worth it, beautiful restaurant, unique to Farnham which is becoming overrun by chains now we have lost The Vienna. Food - plenty and well cooked to order. My party had lamb with roasted olive potatoes and vegetables as a side dish. Good selection of wine too and non alcoholic drinks. Very attentive hosts. We will definitely be back.

Visited November 2013
AHGA, Owner at Anderson's, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, we love what we do and appreciate that our regulars dont mind the walk.
Alyson and Stuart