“Relaxing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I often go here to meet up with friends for a coffee or lunch.

There's lots of choice to suit most tastes, from full meals, salads, sandwiches/panninis, cakes etc. The crepes are also popular.

It's a good place to chat with friends and browse the garden centre.
There's many tables, so always a space even on very busy days.

Can highly recommend it.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been visiting this garden centre for 3 years, but my last few trips to the cafe have been disappointing.

My daughter loves having the children's lunch boxes. We visited in the holidays and I thought we would get there early, before all the good food was gone. We got to the cafe at 12:30pm, and my daughter chose her lunch box. There was just a cheese sandwich available, which had gone stale due to the lid not being on top of the tub. Secondly, the only additional items to be added to the lunch box were a drink, crisps, raisins and a chocolate bar. Before, when we have chose then lunch box, there has been options of ham, tuna and cheese sandwich, fruit, yogurt, jelly, etc.

We sat down, and had our lunch. I then thought I would treat my daughter to an ice cream from the ice cream station. For £2.50 you get ice cream from the machine, and a variety of sweets, which the kids can pull levers to pour onto their ice cream. When my daughter tried to put the sweets onto her ice cream, half of the levers were stiff, that even I could not pull them down, and you couldn't get a marshmallow out of the levers for love nor money.

Overall, quite disappointing, and very expensive. The staff are all lovely, but the whole cafe is slightly chaotic.

1  Thank poolev
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went for lunch on weekday. 'Hot' food looked good but was almost cold and the rice had gone hard it had been left out for so long.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

It is lovely to have a wander around the garden centre then catch up with friends in the restaurant. The choice of food is quite amazing, whether you are there for a coffee break or a lunch. Service is good, plenty of seating and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visited the garden centre for a look around last Saturday afternoon. The garden centre was a buzz with all sorts of lovely crafts, gifts as well as the obvious plants. I decided to visit the cafe and was surprised by the change of style. Everything looked clean and inviting. The staff very welcoming and friendly. I decided to stay for a coffee and the Illy brand in my opinion is one of the best coffee's. I found a seat and noticed the transformation and found it to be better to the old restaurant as I remembered it. Alas to say my coffee was not to my liking and a the Manager on duty made sure I got what I asked for without any fuss or irritation, she was so lovely to me as I did not feel too well and even got me water and made sure I was ok. It was so nice to relax in pleasant surroundings and enjoy a lovely coffee, instead of trudging the high street on a busy Saturday afternoon. I look forward to returning to sample one of the delicious looking cakes.