“Worst pub ever visited”
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #35 of 130 Restaurants in Farnham
Description: We welcome you to our newly refurbished pub in the town of Farnham. Serving a delicious selection of homemade foods plus a wide variety of drinks for everyone to enjoy. As live music specialists we take pride in providing a range of musical entertainment both Friday and Saturday nights with other musical events during the week. Come and experience for yourself.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

When we arrived for a quick bite to eat at lunchtime we decided to sit it the garden. When we went back in to order our drinks and food the barmaid pointed out that there was something in the drink in a manner that suggested that we were meant to fish it out. When we requested a fresh drink it was like we had asked for the world. Anyway we ordered our food two rounds of sandwiches and a jacket potato, nothing to difficult. Half an hour later our food had still not arrived and seeming as we were the only people in the pub I don't think that we were wrong to assume that it should have arrived. When asked when our food would be ready we were told that there was a technical difficulty. We weren't too sure what technical difficulty would have occurred when making a simple lunch. So an hour later our cutlery was brought out. I explained that I now had to go back to work as I would be late. The barmaid told me that she would get her manager to apologise to me if I went inside with her. I did not intend to go and see the manager and asked for him to come to see me. When he did arrive he did not look at me or address me once, instead he decided to speak to my friend who was trying to strap her son back into his pushchair. Her son who this so called family establishment could not supply a high chair for. He then said that he had to pop to the local supermarket to purchase new ingredients as they had a technical difficulty with the jacket potato and that the chef would not send out the jacket potato and that our food was now ready. Not surprisingly I asked for a refund. To which the manager said "so I'll scrape the food in the bin shall I?" We received our refund and went on our way.

I do not recommend this pub to anybody. It really was a shambles. Looking back now when we were told there was something in our drink we should have left.

5  Thank HampshireSkye
There are newer reviews for The Plough Inn

Reviewed May 26, 2013

a really nice pub with plenty of good food and drink and a very friently atmosphere as well. would return again next time im around the area

1  Thank dianefarnborough
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food was not pub grub by any standard, it was brilliant. The pub may look a little run down, but the staff were friendly and the food was great.

1  Thank Georgefromcrawley
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We where staying at holiday inn hotel and didn't like the offer available for dinner so we decide to test out the pub. What a lovely surprise. We had an excellent dinner there. We ate so much for the small cost of our meal. They where very friendly and meals where delivery quickly. We loved it that much we came back the next night for dinner. Dinner start £7 for a main. Excellent value for very filling meal.

1  Thank sherreyk
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I had heard that this was quite a hard core student pub but it has changed hands and the new landlady "Jacques" is a hoot. I don´t get to Farnham much but was made to feel very welcome and I would have no problem as a women going in alone. It is huge inside so you can always find a little corner and the locals seemed to be as friendly as the bar staff. There is a massive beer garden and a real fireplace away from the bar.

3  Thank lainglesa69