“Very average Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Epsom North Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Epsom
Melbourne, United Kingdom
“Very average Premier Inn”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here for a week on a business trip after moving from another of the same brand nearby as that one was full.

The main issue with the package at Epsom North is the pub in front of the hotel. The "Queen Adelaide" is rather run down and tatty. The gents toilets stink, the hot taps appear to be broken and when I visited there was no soap. The pub itself is very musty and the food is frankly poor. Outside there is a lot of old looking furniture and broken fence panels with dead vegetation. Overall it looks like it's in dire need of a refurb.

I didn't bother with breakfast as I couldn't get it early enough and it was served from the pub kitchen, the windows of which have been 'blacked out' with brown paint from the inside.

The hotel itself is quite small, 30 rooms I believe. My room was fine, usual Premier Inn standards really but a friend was stopping in a room on the first floor which are all dormer type and only have a skylight. As the weather was rather warm he said it was really hot up there. There is no A/C in any room.

Another annoyance is the car park runs up the whole side of the building so any early risers starting engines and banging car doors will be heard by all but those on the ground floor opposite side.

Overall. I won't use again, both Epsom South and Chessington are better.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
NicholaCarrington, Manager at Premier Inn Epsom North Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Epsom North. On this occasion I am sorry to hear that you did not rate your stay with us, we aim to provide the best service and accommodation we can to our guests, and our guests comfort is our main priority, we are sorry you feel we did not meet this for you, with regards to the pub next door it is confirmed now that they will be receiving a full refurbishment and Menu, we hope that you will re visit us in the future when this is complete. Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kildare
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for work in mid August. Check in was easy, staff pleasant with a hello on passing them. Room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable and the shower was great.
The pub in front is were the food and drink is to be had. I've been in better, but also worse.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
NicholaCarrington, Manager at Premier Inn Epsom North Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your stay with us, we are happy that you found your stay a pleasant, comfortable one as we aim to the highest standards for our Guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.
North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Had a great short stay clean friendly ,lovely breakfast nice evening meal great location . We stopped off here before we went to chesington world of adventures would defiantly recommend great parking couldn't ask for more at a great rate

Room Tip: Great ground floor large rooms for family's
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria J
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at Epsom North, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and i will be passing on all feedback to my team and to the Pub next door. We hope you had an enjoyable day in Chessington.
Lichfield
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Went down to London for my sons birthday, spending first day in London (tube from Merton) and the second day around Hampton Court Palace. After a long fisrt day in London, we arrived back to where my car was parked in Merton, only to find a parking ticket as I was on the wrong part of the road - thinking it was a Friday, some areas you can only park on a Tues / Thurs, and other combinations - quite confusing after having a long drive! However, even after that put a bit of a dampner on the day (had been really good until then), faith was restored in humanity when we checked in to reception. The gentleman who booked us in was really helpful and couldnt do enough - even going on to the computer and printing out directions to Twickenham as my son wanted to go to a Zizzi's restaurant.
Room was clean and comfortable, the only negative being that the childs bed is really just a mattress put on to the floor.
Being very tired, we decided to eat in the restaurant on the night and go to Zizzi's the day after. My son and wife are veetarions and my son especially is a fussy eater - but the both LOVED the food and service. The following morning, they also loved the breakfast - and again, very friendly / jolly service from whom i believe to be the hotel manager.

we will definitely stay there again next time we are in London!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Darron E
Thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback regarding your stay with us. We aim to the highest standards and we are happy to see that we met them for you. I will be passing on all comments to the Pub and my team, We all hope that your son had a great Birthday and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit London.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here with my family In July and it was an excellent experience. The rooms were clean with clean bathroom, both breakfast and evening meal in a pub were very good, The staff were all incredibly helpful,always took their time to check things are ok with our stay,very good price, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, Thanks a lot

Room Tip: Book early online will get very good price
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank doni A
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Epsom North Premier Inn. We are happy to hear that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope to see you again in the near future.
Fribourg
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights during the Olympics.Very clean and comfy room,lovely breakfast in pub,the reception team were so attentive and friendly interested in where we were planning to go and how was our day had been on our return ,great connection from stoneleigh station to London which it takes 25 mins, definitely will stay again in future

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kujtima a
SerifAzemi, Manager at Premier Inn Epsom North Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Premier Inn Epsom North on Trip advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience. I am very fortunate to be working with such fantastic team and have passed your praise on to my whole team, who were equally delighted to hear it. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near near future
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I came to London from Dubai for a week and my GF booked this hotel for a reasonable price..even though its a busy season coz of Olympics,staff at this branch was still giving all the information required for us to know...

Rooms are huge, Nice and clean.. and Breakfast in the pub next door was extremely amazing...
All the staff members we encountered always had a big smile on their faces and in particular the man on reception- Danny who checked us in was exceptionally good... he helped us in our luggage and knew about the local area very well... thanks to him for Italian restaurant advice..My GF loved it... :)

Overall i will say a superb service... and would love to come back here again....

Room Tip: When you book a room please call in advance to double confirm the type of the room and staff will ma...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Hasnainafzal
SerifAzemi, Manager at Premier Inn Epsom North Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your taking time to write a postive review about our hotel, I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and was satisfied with our service and enjoyed your breakfast. I am so proud of dani and the way he always looks after the guests, it is so rewarding for the team and my self to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Epsom
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs
Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel
Travelodge Epsom Central
Premier Inn Epsom South Hotel
Premier Inn Chessington Hotel
Holiday Inn London Sutton

Been to Premier Inn Epsom North Hotel? Share your experiences!