“Rather pricey for the basics!”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Epsom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stopped here for 2 nights which turned out quite pricey for a hotel with no facilities particularly as breakfast was not included in the price. (everything premier except the price...I think the tv advert says.....NOT true.... Indeed I would say its the opposite)
We even had to ask for an extra towel each day as only 1 was left after the room was serviced.
On the plus side the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff were very friendly, but that is about all you can say about it.
As we will be visiting the area a fair bit over the coming 18-24 months we will certainly be looking at alternatives in future for better value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank celtwarrior
Hotel_Manager_MartaT, Manager at Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion it was not enough.

. The Team in here is extremely passionate about our guests and it’s very rewarding to read a positive feedback about our Team. I will ensure that the Team receive your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Myself, my partner and our 7 year old son stayed for 1 night on the bank holiday weekend. We had been to chessington for the day and needed a stop over for the night to return to chessington the following day. We arrived at around 6pm and were "welcomed" by a rather moody man who grunted our room number and gave us the keys. Would if been nice to have been shown to our room. The room was basic yet comfortable but am glad we had arranged for our youngest son aged 2 to stay at home with his nan as they didn't provide a small fridge in the room for milk for our younger son.

We ate at the on site pub. an all you can eat buffet. was ok but not much choice really. still we were hungry. The staff in the restaurant were polite but when we ordered a coffee and hot chocolate we were told that we had to make them ourselves using the drinks machine. At 3 quid each I was expecting it to be make for us. Rather odd!

We all slept well but overall was expensive for the 1 night.

I would stay again if cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2012

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay at Premier Inn Epsom Central.
We extremely value our guests’ feedback and suggestions and I will make sure to pass onto the Restaurant Management your comments.

Thank you once again and I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here to visit Chessington world of adventures, the room was typical of Premier Inn, overall very please with it. The staff were very friendly, both in the Hotel and attached pub. Food was typical of Brewers Fayre, kids had free drinks refills which was a nice idea. Overall very pleased with the stay

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write review about your stay at Premier Inn Epsom Central.

I am pleased to see that you had everything you needed and a comfortable stay. The Team in here is extremely passionate about our guests and it’s very rewarding to read such a positive feedback. I will ensure that the Team receive your feedback.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Easy car parking, warm welcome at Reception, efficient check in process, room spotless, bed comfortable, plenty of pillows (I just love the white sheets) and fluffy white towels. All staff we encoutered gave a cheery good morning, afternoon or evening and breakfast was plentiful.
Location is good for central London or for the Surrey area and Epsom itself is a delight with a market on a Saturday. Weather was kind to us which always makes a trip more enjoyable. Would recommend Premier Inns as a matter of course but the staff at this one make a real difference with a more personal feel

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 44 and not disappointed
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Civelek59

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Booked this hotel for one night to go a nearby wedding. Arrival was fine, the receptionist was very helpful and friendly. Room was slightly shabbier than other premier inn's I have stayed at. The bathroom wasn't great but the room was clean and functional. Having stayed at quite a few Premier Inn's I just felt this one didn't meet the usually high standard that the chain has. We ate breakfast across the carpark at the restaurant and were really disappointed. The place was pretty dirty, food was poor and things like a broken bin laying across the front of the tea and coffee area, really didn't do it any favours. The staff were friendly and helpful though. Overall was okay for the price but not quite what expected for usual standard of premier inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank v82746

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this.

Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Management Team at this hotel and I will make sure to pass your comments onto the Restaurant Management to.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The reception staff are so friendly and welcoming. The room was comfortable, well equipped and quiet despite being on the ground floor. The inn is set back off the main road so we didn't hear any traffic at all. The only slightly disappointing aspect of the stay was the breakfast as there were not all the advertised items available.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel is well situated in the town area and just 30 minutes from central London. Nice reception area and friendly staff. That seemed to be the theme for all of the hotel staff, friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and spacious. A bit warm even with the window open but a reasonable sleep. Bathroom very clean and the usual shower and bath etc. Set behind the pub, The Haywain, more on that in my other review, and close to the entrance for dinner and breakfast. We paid for the meal deal which is very good value at £22 for 3 courses, a drink and breakfast. I have got to say that we did feel a bit like second class citizens when we asked about the meal deal in the pub, how do we order etc., as a special menu card was brought out from behind the bar for what seemed ‘those people watching the pennies’. The menu card was a bit tatty and covered just 1 side. The selection of food was ok if not very exciting but we had to order the whole meal together because 'the till was set that way' It meant the dessert was ordered before eating the main. Not ideal. Breakfast was very good and the Manager during breakfast was attentive and very helpful. I have stayed in other Premier Inns on a meal deal and this was well below par.
A couple of criticism’s regarding the room. I don’t use a bath, preferring a shower, but it is awkward getting in and out and a bit precarious in the bath standing up. Maybe a few rooms with just a shower cubicle? The other criticism? The TV volume was locked at 15 and was so quiet I could barely hear from the bed. I appreciate that other guests don’t want to hear loud TV at night but I would like to hear the TV.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Billythefish1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Epsom
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs
Travelodge Epsom Central
Premier Inn Epsom North Hotel
Premier Inn Epsom South Hotel
Travelodge Leatherhead
Travelodge Leatherhead
#2 of 3 in Leatherhead
Premier Inn Chessington Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel? Share your experiences!