“One of the better Travelodges”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Epsom Central
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Epsom
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
“One of the better Travelodges”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in September, 2013. Excellent location and all rooms recently renovated. Handy for Chessington World of Adventures. Had a room at the front of the hotel but could still slightly hear the noise from the trains. Can understand the complaints I heard at reception from guests located at the back of the hotel which is next to the station.

Room Tip: Arrive as soon as 3pm and ASK for a room at the front of the hotel. Once they've all gone you wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cowheelpieman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and myself arrived for a 2 night stay to visit family, location is fantastic. We were first given a disabled room with 2 single beds when we had booked a family room. We were then told by the receptionist it was a family room and we had to tell her that no it wasn't! We were then given a double room with 1 hand towel and 1bath towel for 2 of us to share for 2 days. After checking the bed which I do in any hotel to check it's clean I was mortified to find seamen stains and pubic hair on the sheet!! My husband complained about that and the towels one of the women came up and asked if I just wanted to sheet changed I told her no I want the whole thing changed she then got us some extra towels too. We thought we could then enjoy our stay as much as possible but every time we went out we had to keep going back to reception to get the key reprogrammed to be told on the last day that it should have been programmed for 2 days and it wasn't. There was a German couple booking in the same day as us and they didn't have the right change so the receptionist asked them to go to the shop to get change! I have complained and managed to get a full refund but all I got from Travel Lidge was excuses and no apology. My husband actually works for Travel Lodge and delivers the furniture and after our experience we have both said we will never stay in another one. Premier Inn and Holiday Inn are superior and that's where we will carry on staying. They have spent millions of pounds trying to upgrade there hotels and make them look better, but they need to sort out the staff first. Will never stay in another.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Cath1504

Travelers are raving about these Epsom hotels

Scottish Borders
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed here several times as it is good value within 35 mins of central London and next to the station. However the station is a problem with trains passing almost outside the window and definitely intrusive especially in summer with windows open (no air conditioning). As I usually arrive late rooms on the quiet side always seem to be taken, I wonder why! However clean and modern Travelodge and friendly staff. Plenty of eating and drinking places nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ireland
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here family and 4 kids in July for 4 nights. Arrived at night found overbooked family rooms, but were we're given 2 double rooms side by side for night. Next day allocated 2 big family rooms. Which were lovely. Flat screen tv, tea, coffee facilities. The acting manager on call for the night was just fantastic. He had it sorted in 5 minutes. What could have been a disaster of a holiday, turned out to a great one. The only downfall was the noise from the trains. Very convenient for travelling, also nice tesco stroke next door and coop across the road. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Away from railway line!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank galwaygirl1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Epsom
Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel
Chessington Safari Hotel
#2 of 3 in Chessington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,737 reviews
Premier Inn Epsom South Hotel

Been to Travelodge Epsom Central? Share your experiences!