“Best Sushi in Surrey”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I can't guarantee I have tried all the sushi restaurants in Surrey, but I have tried lots of them and this one is by far the best so far.
Great friendly atmosphere and lovely with an amazing level of attention to detail.
We have been 6 or 7 times now and its always delivered

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went on a Wednesday evening and it was probably the fastest meal I have ever been served. Three of us were in and out in 30 mins. We each had a katsu and sushi rolls. The sushi was very inventive and surprisingly large. Definitely recommend the more exotic rolls. The katsu wasn't so great. The sauce is always the best bit of a katsu and there wasn't a lot of it to go with the rice. Whilst not cheap, I don't think it was overly expensive. Worth a look.

1  Thank edmondchan
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I didn't like sushi before I went to this place. Great choices and amazing food, all for a reasonable price.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We go to this little restaurant about once a week and food has never let us down. It's all freshly made and if quite a few of the clientèle are Japanese you just know if must be good! No complaints about service and we are always served quickly, although we have had to wait a tad bit longer when it's busy.
By far the best Japanese restaurant in Surrey.

Tip: Try the Edamame as a starter. Has never let us down.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Before leaving UK for a few months we came up from Guildford to Makiyaki in Epsom with an open mind, having been recommended to visit by friends. Not disappointed - have been to Japan twice; if you were parachuted into this restaurant, food taste wise, you'd be hard pressed to not feel you were eating out in Japan itself. Well worth the drive and can happily recommend Makiyaki to you myself. I think we might take a venture to the one near the centre of London when we return back to the UK, just to be sure it wasn't a one-off!!