“Good but expensive”

143 The Canopy
Ranked #17 of 172 Restaurants in Epsom
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: One of Surrey���s premier dining destinations, 143 The Canopy has earned itself a loyal following with gourmands from all over Europe. Located on the Epsom High Street, 143 The Canopy is a welcoming and traditional restaurant decorated with crisp white linens and contemporary artworks, and it is a great place for group dining, business dinners or family celebrations. The kitchen���s signature dish is the healthy and interactive Black Rock Grills ��� steaks cooked at the table on hot volcanic rocks. But steak aside, you���ll adore the rest of 143 The Canopy���s menu which is a collection of elegant modern European dishes. All the food here is complemented by an old world wine list with some guest appearances from South Africa and Australia.
Surrey
“Good but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lovely little restaurant, good service and good food, however feel its a little overpriced! Worth a visit though if you are in Epsom. You'll find it just up from M&S front entrance.

• Visited March 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Best food in Epsom for sometime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Went here for my birthday mid week and used tastecard. Not everything on the menu was available on the tastecard but there was still plenty of choice. The food was excellent and much better than generally available in the chain restaurants in Epsom. Service was also excellent with just the right amount of attention and no feeling of being second class because we were using the tastecard. Reasonable choice of wines. We will definitely be back and hope the standards remain high and Epsom has a decent restaurant at last.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Very poor breakfast !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We called in for a coffee and a breakfast toastie.
The coffees arrived together but my wife had finished her breakfast by the time mine arrived.
I suspect mine may have been forgotten as the sausages in my sausage toastie when it did arrive could only be best described as, luke warm at best. When asked if everything was ok, I explained that it wasn't, to a young man who gave me a sheepish grin and disappeared back into the restaurant, I assumed (wrongly as it turned out) he was either going to get a replacement or someone to whom I could field my complaint to. It soon became apparent that no one was coming back to our table. Some considerable time later the same young man returned to clear our table and asked again if everything was ok, at which point I again stated NO, my sandwich was cold! cue sheepish grin and off he disappeared again. The bill was brought out with no acknowledgment or apology for the poor quality of the fare served up.
@ £3.75 for 1.5 cold sausages in some toast and nearly £3 for a coffee it certainly did not represent value for money.....AVOID

Visited September 2012
10 Thank celtwarrior
Epsom, United Kingdom
“REFILL COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Food average 3 people out of 4 kinda enjoyed, steak average, have enjoyed a lot better elsewhere, however, when requested 2nd coffee, asked staff "is this a comp refill was told yes", when bill was presented was charged for 2nd coffee! queried was told that this was not the case, one paid for every tiny cup of coffee, even though one paid a £109+ bill. If you wish to be ripped off then visit this very dissapointing venue.

2 Thank Mary H
London, United Kingdom
“A great local restaurant that I might keep a secret!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Me and my partner went here last night for an inpromptu evening out together and we've been saying for a while that we must go here. We have a tastecard so thought we'd seize the day and go. What a lovely evening we had. A great table, fantastic service (london restaurants could learn a thing or two!!) and the food was absolutely mouth wateringly delicious....
I'm delighted that we have found our new favourite restaurant!!