“Slow service, missing orders”
Review of A Taste Of Bengal

A Taste Of Bengal
Ranked #47 of 185 Restaurants in Epsom
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Awful service. Despite having 8 waiters furiously running around, the service is slow, unattentive yet overly apologetic. The kitchen doesn`t seem to work with the waiters and you`ll often be served later than people arriving after you. This isen`t a one off. Its happened in every single of my 3 trips (there won`t be a 4th). Food is ok, if they manage to remember your full order but there are far better Indians in the area.

Its the first restaurant / takeaway I`ve ever known that only bothers to cook your takeaway order once you`ve returned to pay, despite ordering over 50mins earlier in person, making you wait in a busy restaurant surrounded by headless chicken waiters.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We only found this place a couple of months ago after it was recommended to us by a friend.

We have since eaten there a number of times, as a couple, with friends and with our children and have not had a bad meal.

The staff are always very friendly knowledgable and accomodating, we were impressed that the chef came out to talk to us and was interested in our opinions.

Highly recommended

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place cannot be beaten when it comes to curry. We have eaten in many curry houses and nothing compares on all aspects; price, quality and service. All ingredients are fresh and being an allergy sufferer it is very important for me to avoid preservatives, these guys deliver fresh, bursting with flavour dishes every time. We go at least 3 times a month and wouldn't miss it. They are also very good at altering the dishes if you fancy something a little more bespoke for whatever reason.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Chicken tikka masala is my best fav! This is the only place I go for curry because rest of the other curry house I tried in this area are non of them good as this resturant food qualitie.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

A very friendly atmosphere with very good quality food.

It is just a shame that this restaurant is so expensive (I had an identical meal with my wife in three other Indian restaurants within a 3 mile radius and all three were at least £20.00 cheaper).

P. Worcester Park.