“WHAT VALUE FOR MONEY”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Epsom
Upminster, United Kingdom
“WHAT VALUE FOR MONEY”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had a party to attend in Surrey January 12th. As I booked this more than 3 weeks in advance they let you have the room (double for 2) FOR £50......... Oh my days.... how impressive is that... lovely setting and lovely reception/bar. I do prefer a bath and no you dont get one, only a shower but hey ho what do you want for £50..... my only gripe is that the rooms must have been designed by a man as the only mirror was at at the end by the teasmade and not over the dressing table TUT TUT.....Some of us are a bit vain you know and need a bit of slap!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEEpsom, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Great review and thanks for taking the time to submit one for our hotel. Express hotels do only feature a shower, that comes with the brand, but I guess it was not too much of a problem. I hope you enjoyed your party!

Kind regards
M Robinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
UK
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights over New Year while visiting family. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the rooms were excellent, especially for families. The breakfast included made our mornings easier, and the staff were all friendly and helpful. It's right next to the Epsom gradstand and there is good access to local road network. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
HIEEpsom, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your trip advisor review, it’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us over the New Year. Thanks you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Purley
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed here several times while attending functions at The RAC club and on every occasion the rooms have been spotlessly clean good shower in the bathroom helpful polite staff the breakfast is adequate but it is a budget hotel great value for the money

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your trip advisor review, it’s lovely to receive a review from one of our regular guest. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

West Sussex
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed for two nights over Christmas, as nearby family house not big enough to sleep everyone. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean, the shower room was very well designed and worked perfectly. Breakfast plentiful. Staff polite and obviously well trained. I have mobility problems and a member of staff immediately offered to help me at breakfast time (breakfast is entirely self-service.)
Opposite the main grandstand at Epsom Racecouse for those who are race-goers.
I thoroughly reccommend this hotel. Far better than other "budget" brand hotels I have stayed in.
PS.........on returning to my room Christnas Day evening I found a bag of edible goodies and a Christmas card from the staff. A thoughtful touch, so thank you, hotel staff!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your lovely trip advisor review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stays with us and found the staff to be well trained and helpful; they will be pleased to receive such nice feedback. I am also glad you enjoyed our little Christmas treat. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed in the hotel in the last few months and so it was interesting to see whether my first impressions were correct when I stayed the second time. The staff here are excellent - they turn a budget hotel into a higher class of hotel. It is not their fault that the food is a bit ropey and the furnishings are a bit bland. You get what you pay for in this respect but I have stayed in much more expensive hotels where the staff are nowhere near as attentive as they are in this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed both your stays with us. I shall pass on your lovely comments to the staff; it’s always nice to receive such positive feedback. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

The room was small and very dated/worn out looking. No bath, just a shower cubicle with a curtain. No free wifi in rooms but free in lobby area. Food was a basic selection and poor quality. I ordered the Beef Wellington which was the most expensive thing and it was awful. It was just a big soggy lump of pastry with the toughest piece of beef ever in the middle! The mashed potato had gon dry and chewy around the edges. Everything had a microwaved taste about it. The lobby and public areas are well designed and comfy. They are clean and modern so I was surprised to see my room which really needed a refurb. The double bed was tiny, barely big enough for 2 people. Parking is free and plentiful which is good. Breakfast is included and basic but better than expected - fresh pastries, bread, fruit, yoghurts and sausages and scrambled eggs so nice enough. Staff were all great - really friendly and helpful and always available when needed. Shame the food and room decor were a let down but a good stay overall.

Stayed November 2012
HIEEpsom, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy our Beef Wellington. We value our guests opinions and I shall pass on your comments in January when we review our menu offering as a group. The hotel is in its four year now and we are continually working to keep up to date with general maintenance and decoration, to make sure that guests experience the product that we pride ourselves in. Finally thank you very much for your lovely comments regarding the staff, the team will be delighted to hear such positive feedback.

Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a lovely Holiday Inn Express. I had a wonderful view from my room looking out towards the racecourse. The room was spotless and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and good shower which can be handheld. I love the blue light in the bathroom - perfect if you need to get up in the night. Breakfast was fine with choice of fruit, cereal, yoghurt, fresh pastries as well as toast and hot food - sausages, beans and scrambled egg. The double expresso was great! The breakfast was discreetly topped up and there was plenty of crockery and cutlery all beautifully clean. Staff all very polite, the only hitch was the card machine at check out which wasn't working properly but this was dealt with professionally.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank EHO13
HIEEpsom, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express London Epsom Downs. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our views and our free breakfast. Sorry you experienced technical difficulties with our card machine however I'm glad this was resolved professionally. Look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Epsom
Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel
Chessington Safari Hotel
#2 of 3 in Chessington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,737 reviews
Holiday Inn London Sutton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs? Share your experiences!