“Excellent food, slow service, awful toilets”

Zizzi - Hampton Court
Ranked #12 of 48 Restaurants in East Molesey
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Right across from Hampton Court railway, our Hampton Court restaurant has been designed using aspect from the River Thames, Hampton Court Palace and the hundreds of boats that zip up and down the river every day. This light, open restaurant is located on the banks of the river Thames, a short walk from the famed Hampton Court Palace and its beautiful gardens. Enjoy the views from inside the restaurant with its glass doors and windows or dine al fresco and watch the world go by. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went with a friend during Hampton Court Flower show. Enjoyed my seafood pasta and had no space left for dessert. The service was slow, I have been in busy restaurants with much faster service. The toilet was very unclean and spoilt all impression of the place. Despite lovely food, not going to go there again.

There are newer reviews for Zizzi - Hampton Court

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Went with friends for lunch as part of my birthday celebration.

I do have to point out that it was almost completely empty so it was difficult to ignore us but the service was excellent and as it was the hottest day of year the waiter helped to find us the coolest table.

The menu looked very good and quite varied and it managed to turn-up something for my fussy friend.

I had the fish stew which I can highly recommend and every one left happy and fulfilled

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went here whilst at Hampton Court as Dish looked very busy. Good chain, nothing overly special or terrible. I had a ravioli which was nice, not as good as Strada who do something similar.

Service was functional not overly warm but prompt and we did not have to wait long; although the restaurant was not very busy as this was an early (ish) lunch.

Would I go again, yes. Is it better than Pizza Express, not sure. More authentically Italian but I think Pizza Express wins on the consistent delivery of a known quanitity.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

On the way to an afternoon at the Flower Show, I was allowed in to Zizzi for something to keep me going. The restaurant was pleasantly cool with temperatures nudging 30C outside. I had the Rustica Primavera pizza, and rather than keep me going it pretty much finished me off ... but in a good way. Although it was delicious, next time I would probably go for the smaller "skinny" version with salad. Nice to see chilli-oil on every table too.

Mrs Bungee had the Risotto di Pesce and declared it a great success. It was certainly generous with the squid, prawns and mussels. There were quite a few staff serving given the number of punters in the restaurant and the service was friendly and efficient. A good lunch stop-off point, although if you are after the river setting, a quite busy road separates the outside tables from the river bank.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a table booked for 6.30 plenty of time before the concert at Hampton Court on Sunday .
After waiting 15mins for the house wine we were told it wasn't cold and so we had to order a dearer wine.The breadsticks we ordered to go with the wine didn't arrive so had to be re-ordered .We then waited over 30mins for our main course.We had wanted to order dessert and coffee but ran out of time because of the slow service.When the bill eventually arrived the standard service charge had been added! I did not pay this and will not be eating here again

we had ordered,were told it wasn't cold.so had to order a dearer bottle.Then waited over 30mins for our main course.We had wanted dessert and coffee but had
no time to wait another half hour or more to be served.Will be giving it a miss next time.

1  Thank MrsPacman50