“A brilliant stay with super helpful and friendly staff”

The Kings Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 East Molesey B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed in the Kings Arms to attend a wedding locally and had a great stay. The rooms were clean and spacious and the food in the restaurant/bar area downstairs was very good. It's in a great location for the train station and sightseeing round the area but more importantly the staff were so helpful and polite. Nothing was too much trouble whichever staff member you asked. After we checked out and arriving home I realised that I had left a necklace behind in the room. Upon contacting the hotel they confirmed they had found it and arranged to have it sent back to me. I was over the moon. All in all a great stay at a great place. I would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and cannot find a fault with our stay, the hotel and bar is full of character with very good food excellent staff and situated in an excellent place for our visit to Hampton Court Palace (for a concert) enjoyable walks to the local shops and the river, we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This pub with accommodation over looks Hampton Court Palace and the big bonus is the free parking out front . I stayed for one night the room was very small but adequate and the room was clean. The breakfast was good and the pub was very good with friendly staff. The train station was within walking distance about 5 minutes. The only downside for me was when checking out I handed over my debit card details to find next day I had 3 debits to my account. To be fair this was quickly rectified.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I go here 5 or 6 times a year. Sometimes just me and my wife, sometimes with children. (with children we have usually cycled or walked over from Bushy Park and sit outside)
I love that this is a pub. An old pub. No neo vernacular here.
The food is a mix of modern and traditional.
The staff are without exception friendly and relaxed.
If you are visiting Hampton Court Palace or Bushy Park this place is ideal.
If you are from outside the UK - this is a pub. Maintaining the things that made pubs what they were. Mismatched furniture, character and ambience

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I visit this pub quite often after a stroll or cycle around Bushy Park. There's always a wide selection of quality drinks and the food has always been of excellent quality and taste with generous portions. If something isn't quite right (everyone makes mistakes sometimes) the friendly, chatty staff will do all they can to make it right for you - you just need to ask.

It's especially nice in the winter - drop in after a walk in the cold grounds of Hampton Court or Bushy Park and warm up by one of the roaring fires with a nice pint and bite to eat.

If you're looking for a hip and trendy bar, this isn't the place for you - it's circa 300 years old (I believe) but is a wonderful place to relax and catch up with friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked a night here Sunday 11th.

The Henry Tudor Room (room 2) was on the first floor overlooking the beer garden and was full of character. Secondary double glazing suppressed the road/ beer garden noise

Bed was comfortable and the bathroom modern and clean.

The food was good (Crab starter/Roast Dinners/Cheese board), cooked Breakfast very nice the next morning.

Pub atmosphere in the evening good, the bar area very traditional which I liked very much.

Would we stay again, certainly yes.

Whilst there is a time and a place for identikit hotel chains, try and enjoy the quirky, odd and unique ones full of character when you can.

Certainly overseas visitors should have this 'olde worlde' experience.

Room Tip: I think all the room face the front so if you are a light sleeper avoid.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Following a trip to Hampton Court, popped in here for lunch.
Staff very friendly and accommodating, ordered a Badger Beer and two scone teas.
It looked as if a delivery had just taken place with cases of water, soft drinks etc all around in the inside.
We decided to sit outside, as it was a warm sunny day. Scones & tea arrived, and have to say the size of the scones was disappointing.
Other then that, for a place to have a pint, close to the palace, is fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sarah B, Owner at The Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

I am glad you found our staff friendly and you enjoyed the beer! Unfortunately we cannot determine when the delivery men turn up; I am not sure what time you arrived but we do ask they do not deliver between 12 and 3pm for lunch service so if you were having an afternoon tea maybe that is why. We all try very hard to get the deliveries put away as quickly as possible though! We normally get very good feedback about our cream teas as we are one of the few places in Hampton Court that actually do one and for £4.95 with a pot of tea, homemade scones made fresh every morning, jam and clotted cream it is a very good deal!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Molesey
#2 of 4 in East Molesey
Craven House Apartments
Craven House Apartments
#1 of 3 in East Molesey

Been to The Kings Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!