All reviewsthe rivermini baracross the roadopposite hampton court palacelovely hotelafternoon teawedding receptionking henryexclusive roomroom was largetrain stationcatherine parrpowerful showerpub next doorriverside terracetrouser presscoffee machine
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Very nice surroundings.
Unfortunately the staff although pleasant enough have no knowledge of the menu.
Typical overpriced cuisine, style over substance. (Very small portions)
Such a shame as it could be an excellent restaurant.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nick p
Reviewed November 1, 2017

I was hesitant after reading other reviews, but due to the location I went ahead and booked. I booked the more expensive room for the river view. I was also told by the hotel that these rooms were the most quiet. What they don’t tell you when you picture a nice river view is that the restaurant is on the river side, with outdoor seating under your window. It’s also the smoking area. Luckily, it is Fall, so it wasn’t too loud out, but I can imagine the noise in the Summer. The room was ok. I can see in it’s hay day it would have been wonderful. It does need an update. It has so much potential. The bed was comfortable though. Negative: The General Manager. The staff was lovely, from the front desk to the restaurant. At breakfast this morning the nice waiter had just asked what I wanted for breakfast when the manager waltzed in and belittled him in front of the hotel guests to go and shave. That’s not how you manage your staff. I felt bad for the guy...not to mention while he was sent away to shave the manager who was so concerned didn’t step in the finish the waiter’s job, so my order was never put in and I had to go in search of a cup of coffee. A good manger would have handled this differently vs strutting around on an obvious power trip. The hotel is overpriced for what you get, but I found the staff but NOT the manager to bend over backwards to help make up for the hotel’s issues.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

I had octopus from the starter menu for dessert! Wow, great unusual way to end a meal.

We were celebrating my mother's 87th birthday. Have a look at what the restaurant created specially for the occasion. Beautiful.

(In case you're wondering, I like starter and main course but everyone else likes main and dessert - so I had my starter for dessert; as you do!)

There was a problem with the restaurant not recording our booking (hence only 4⭐️), but manager did everything possible to make occasion special.

Definitely worth a visit. Literally opposite Hampton Court Palace and river walks along the Thames.

Do visit if you can.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Room 301 was dirty, tired and in need of a complete refresh. Loads of stains all over curtains, furniture and floor. Bed relatively comfortable. Ordered cooked breakfast for my husband which after 40mins hadn't arrived so we gave up and left! Very poor service in restaurant when we complained about this, does anyone care?? Loads of stains all over restaurant floor carpet as well, also needs ripping out! Would not stay here again....

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2017

I stayed with my wife and Grandchildren yesterday. A lovely four star hotel in a great location opposite Hampton Court Palace.
The hotel is really good overlooking the River Thames.
The staff were wonderful, the food was excellent and the room was spacious, clean and quiet.
I will be back again...thank you.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Aymeric R, General Manager at The Mitre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards