“C'est magnifique.....A must!!!”

Le Petit Nantais
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in East Molesey
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French traditional bistro using fresh food cooked on order We don't use microwaves! Family owned since 1997
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Me and my partner have been visiting this restaurant for nearly 2 years, we travel all over the World and this is one of my absolute favourite. We found this restaurant by chance one day it has such a wonderful atmosphere, we have been countless times and it is versatile enough for a quick lunch, a romantic dinner or a family dinner. All of the staff, JP, Kim, Vicky, Jerome and others are so friendly, the service is always faultless, even if you are there for a quick lunch or a long leisurely dinner, you never feel rushed and always feel looked after. They have a lovely menu but always have these amazing specials which are just delicious. I could recommend so many different dishes but you have to try the special prawns or scallops, but at the same time the crayfish cocktail or foie gras are also yummy! I would only ever try seafood in a restaurant I absolutely trusted and Le Petit Nantais is a restaurant I trust to serve nothing but fresh food! I have had the muscles several times and they are by far the best I have ever tasted. We had dinner on Saturday night and we both had lobster, one hot and one cold they were divine, we had picked them out earlier in the day so extremely fresh. For mains again difficult to recommend just one dish we have had, duck, salmon, steak and fish and they are always perfectly cooked and delicious.
The restaurant is a wonderful French restaurant and JP is from Brittany so brings that wonderful French charm to his customers and his food. I can't recommend this restaurant enough, you will go once and always want to go back.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Petit Nantais has been one of our favourite restaurants for many years, and never fails to delight.
The food and wine are authentic French bistro style, with great emphasis on fresh fish. The service from the owner and his family is always welcoming. We sat outside and enjoyed the ambience of The Village in glorious sunshine over Hampton Court Flower Show week. A tradition we will certainly continue. Wish we didn't live so far away and could visit more often.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

It was my partners birthday and so I wanted to treat her to a nice meal out. Maybe we should've gone elsewhere.

Service was slow... I mean really slow. I can deal with slow service when somewhere is busy. but I do not expect to served as second rate customers behind people coming in after us.

Maybe we looked like we were not going to be good tippers or something? but either way we were ignored for nearly 25 minutes without even a drink. Whilst other tables that came in after us started getting drinks and starters. Eventually, we managed to order some fizzy wine, it was another 10 minutes before the waiter - after I finally managed to get his attention (I almost felt like clicking fingers and shouting Garçon), took our food order.

Now, I love oysters. I like them to be fresh and free from grit and well shucked to avoid cracked shells.
When questioning the freshness of the oysters (there was a distinctly dodgy one that smelt like the bottom of a bin and the others were not looking much better) I was informed that I was wrong. The waiter said in a rather aggressive manner that they are fresh and I was the one with the problem.

Well, the meal continued (the oysters did not get eaten).

The main course was distinctly average although it was unlikely that I was going to enjoy much of the rest of the evening after the waiters rather rude rebuttal.

After another long wait after the meal for plates clearing and eventually being offered the bill (not desserts) I decided that it might be nice to have a word with the manager and explain our concerns. "JP" came storming out of the kitchen saying that we are just wanting to cause trouble, his staff are very good and his food is fresh. I think I see where his waiters get the aggressive attitude from.

He was wrong on all three points.

JP's drunken partner/wife came over and attempted to apologise, but she was three sheets to the wind and further made me realise what a joke this restaurant is.

I paid for everything, including the uneaten oysters.

It is a shame that this place cannot accept when things are not running as well as they could. It left me with a very sour taste in my mouth (not just from the oysters).

6  Thank magicpatmarker
Reviewed July 19, 2013

the food was excellent but the service was not great as it was very long to be attended and served. I had to skip the dessert as could not bear anymore the wait.
And too noisy when many people which is again one of my topic that I would love Trip advisor to rate in its reviews.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't fault the food. I had a lamb special, which was lamb cooked two ways. It was so delicious I didn't want the meal to finish. The only fault I had was the specials, of which there were loads (at least ten) which were delivered verbally by the waitress. Due to the amount I think it would be better to have them written on a board or on paper along with the prices of each special as the waitress did not tell us the price of the specials. Other than that the place was perfect.

1  Thank SarahAB4