“Wouldn't go back”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

A distinctly average Indian, the restaurant is shabby, atmosphere is dull and the food was pretty forgettable. I would rather walk the 3 miles to Ruchi in Hampton despite living 2 roads from this place.

1  Thank LucyPenney

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Picked this restaurant out of the couple in East Molesey we saw and made a good choice. The style of cooking was called The Kerala Village Cuisine which was new to us. Decoration was modern, bright and welcoming. Staff were pleasant and helpful if we had any questions about the menu choice. We ordered Fish Molly, Lamb Mappas, Coconut Rice and Beetroot & Green Peas Thoran, and to drink Sweet Lassi and a Cobra beer. A good sign in a restaurant is when the plates go back to the kitchen cleared of food and the plates here were clear. Our choices arrived, nicely sized portions, the lamb was tender, the sauce creamy. The wife thoroughly enjoyed her fish, the taste of the fish not being overpowered by the sauce. Never had Beetroot & Green Pea Thoran before and was impressed.
When we asked for the bill a small bowl with sweet nibbles came as well, no extra charge. These were very more-ish. Price was average for this type of meal.
Overall a very good meal, nice surroundings, would visit again if in this area.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

If you like South Indian cuisine this is a nice place to eat. Only observation is that it's rarely busy.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I m totally impressed with the food,service,n everything. Basically I m an Indian (south India , Kerala) I feel like I m at ma home whenever I visit cocum. Myself n ma hubby luv dis place. We luv de platters n prawn dishes n dosas etc. We are gonna come back again... Service, food, atmosphere, etc are excellent.....

1  Thank Pretu
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Lived in Asia for many years, so I know what it should taste like. Thank goodness the Chef is flexible and always cook my dishes to my specifications! I.e the way the staff eats it!!

Clean, neat with proper table linen!! Attentive staff, even when busy. It's small, so can be extra loud when you have Mr or Mrs important sitting in the same room. Subdued music, AC. Please remove the fairy lights and the plastic plants!!! Please, get some proper DIGESTIVE, like GRAPPA, which is soooo needed after a decent curry.