Tripadvisor

from $13.40
from $202.35
from $111.98
7,301 results
All reviews henry viii audio guide hampton court the kitchen waterloo station tudor history flower show tudor kitchens gardens are beautiful car park formal gardens english history per hour ticket office famous maze own pace tiltyard cafe
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I had no idea how wealthy the British Kings of old were. This is King Henry VII's summer palace. It is massive and impressive. The church inside the Palace was conducting a service when we went. The kitchen demonstation area is special. The Court required massive amounts of supplies. It would be interesting to understand the tax system that provided for such opulence.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2020

We had a great day out at Hampton Court and this was a definite on my list of places to visit. We caught the train from London. The introduction by the medieval performers is a must as is the audio tour. Loved exploring and seeing how they lived.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Hadn’t visited Hampton Court Palace since I was a school kid so enjoyed taking family that were visiting from abroad.

We were able to obtain half price tickets pre-booking online so made a considerable saving for our trip consisting of 4adults & a teen.

Both the palace & gardens are stunning, and as free audio guides are provided in several languages, we were able to wander around at our own pace admiring artwork etc whilst listening to the historical background of each area.

Thoroughly enjoyable day out. Gutted that the Great Hall was inaccessible due to maintenance works but didn’t spoil our visit in the slightest.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Mr Grey and I finally did the Hampton Court Palace Ghost Walk on Sunday and it was a blast! It was so, so good! The Guides are incredibly knowledgeable, very engaging, funny and a bit mischievous. The group wasn't overly large so you didn't feel like you were herded along, there were indoor and outdoor stops for stories and yes, it was frightening!! :o) and it was amazing. I loved every second of it!! You get the opportunity to walk along the very dark and rather eerie gallery where it is said that Katherine Howard ran down to try and reach Henry to beg for her life (didn't quite work out as planned as we know, poor lass) but Mr Grey and I braved it together, on the pinkie-swear that we wouldn't mess with each other during the walk along!! The tickets get snapped up very, very quickly when they do go on sale but it's worth doing, it really is. if you do go, and I hope you do, I am rather envious!!! :o)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I've visited before but my partner hadn't. We were fortunate to visit during the half-price event. It's an amazing palace, particular the Henry VIII aspect but such a shame that my partner couldn't visit the Great Hall as it was closed for re-furbishment. It is such an iconic element of Hampton Court as I've visited it before.

Notwithstanding the Great Hall, there is still plenty of Henry VIII's rooms and galleries to explore. In particuarly, the Royal Chapel's ceiling is incredible.

The Georgian and William/Mary aspects of the palace are no less interesting as are the impressive gardens.