“Outstanding!”

and up
Hampton Court Palace Priority Entrance Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit the famous hedge maze, Tudor knot garden and the state apartments at this splendid red-brick Tudor Palace, which is set in formal gardens and open parkland along the Thames River.
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I was here for the Concours of Elegance, and felt extremely honoured that in addition to viewing some of the most extraordinarily beautiful vehicles in the world, I also was able to experience one of the most extraordinary palaces in English history.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,460)
All reviews
in 72 reviews
"own pace"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed November 7, 2017

A unique blend of Tudor and Orange history easily accessible by train and bus for anybody: probably the most iconic royal palace in Britain; and the only one as a living museum to these two dynasties. Plenty to see of interest for all age-ranges as well as extensive grounds - both formal and informal; including, of course, the world-famous maze. Recent attraction include a children's play-park, the 'Magic Garden, which will keep thos youngsters active for hours!

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Each time you visit Hampton Court Palace you will learn about, and even might meet, characters from history. There is always something new in house and gardens. Beautiful!

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Hampton Court is our literal favorite place to spend a nice day out. We never get tired of going and I have walked the palace time and time again still finding new things I've missed before. We often pack a picnic as you can enjoy it in the back gardens of the palace.

Lot of good history and fun information. Worth the trip every time!

2  Thank 734Tony545
See more reviews
Reviewed November 3, 2017

I've always wanted to visit Hampton Court, even when I was staying mid rive on the island overlooking the grounds. Now that I have done, I feel it was a pleasant affair but didn't blow me over.

There has been a number of TV programmes on the palace, grounds, history etc, so I wont dwell on them. However, what struck me was how informal some of the other areas were, which were opened to non paying visitors. The attache cafe and some of the gardens were free and a good place to visit if on a budget for example.

People using the cafeteria but bringing their own food etc and the on site parking which was fairly low priced. Considering we got the train from Greenwich the cost for the 3 of us far outweighed a drive and park.

There is also the trail that runs alongside the grounds along the river, which we didn't managed to do, but will do so at a later stage.

On reflection. Beautiful historic site, although a tad bit expensive.