“Great ambience and friendly staff, good food but slightly disappointing vegan option”
Review of Anabella's Kitchen

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2019

A colleague and I booked a table for dinner on a weekday evening. It was really quiet and cosy which was exactly what we wanted after a long day. The waiter was very friendly.

The complimentary bread was soft and warm and fabulous, and my colleague really enjoyed her lamb skewer.

I had the vegan platter (hummus, falafels, avocado, olives, salad and chips) which was really good but quite a high proportion of it consisted of chips. It'd be really awesome if they replaced some of the chips with the stuffed vine leaves (minus the yoghurt) and maybe a couple of extra falafels instead. I'm sure they would've customised the dish had I asked, I just wasn't expecting 1/3 of the plate to be chips. They really were excellent chips though.

I would definitely go back again and order the vegan platter, but with adjusted ratio of chips.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Good food and suitable for all ages, we enjoyed are lunch there. Plane so not too spicy if you like that.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Would fully recommend. Had the full plate platter which was a great option for 2 people. Will definitely be coming back.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

We were met by the proprietor as soon as we entered the restaurant, always a good start in my view. Service was prompt and friendly. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Will go again.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

On Mother’s Day I managed to get a last minute table for three here at lunchtime which was fantastic. The lady on the phone really tried to help me out and I was very grateful.

My mum and brother ordered lamb dishes and I decided to go for the hot meze platter, swapping the calamari and chicken wings for hummus and avocado salad.

The restaurant didn’t appear to be busy when we arrived but we did have to wait quite a long time for our drinks. When they were brought over, we were also given some complimentary delicious toasted bread, olives and balsamic vinegar with olive oil. All were very tasty indeed and I’m very glad that they did give us these, as our mains did not arrive for well over one hour. There may have been a mix up, as the waitress asked if my meze was a main or a starter (after the order had been placed some time before) and we confirmed that all were mains. Even so, it was a very long wait.

When the food arrived, we were all very pleased and found it all to be delicious. I particularly loved my meze of different things.

It was only towards the end of our meal did I realise that the halloumi had been forgotten. When the waiter (or owner perhaps) came over, I mentioned it to him and he was very apologetic. He said he could get it cooked for me but as the meal was now over, I declined. In the end he said he would give me a discount because of the error. He was genuinely upset about the whole thing, but these things do happen.

When we asked for the bill, he had indeed reduced it which was very good of him.

This is a lovely, quaint and friendly restaurant. The food is consistently good (I have eaten here many times over the years) and I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: March 2019