“Dissapointing meal and service”
Review of Thyme

Thyme
Ranked #125 of 557 Restaurants in Croydon
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: A delicious dinner at Thyme is just what you’ll want after a day’s retailing at Croydon’s Whitgift Shopping Centre. Or perhaps you’ll have spent a busy day in London, which is just 15 minutes away by train.
Reviewed December 19, 2018

We had an appointment in Croydon with friends so having had great service and meals at this hotel tried last night. Poor service, waited 1/2 hour to order drinks/meals. Mains delivered without clearing starters. Fish uncooked and sent back, Tiny butter dish with Mushy peas in it, no tatrar sauce requested but not sorted. very slow service. coffee and tea not offered.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed September 22, 2018

I only had a starter and some olives and it took 40 minutes to arrive. The young woman serving me was a lovely girl and couldn't have been nicer, but the chain probably needs to have more staff on duty on a busy night. Hats off to the waitress for smiling despite that obviously being a tough shift. Other people were waiting well over an hour for food. The small starter I did order was very pleasant however.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

I knew the food would likely be average based on it being a standard in house restaurant for a hotel like a beefeater pub grub style, but thought it would be quick and easy as I really just wanted an early night after a long work day.

I had to wait pretty much an hour for my food which to me is unacceptable, especially without any prior notice that the kitchen was behind. Had I known I’d have gone somewhere else and being on my own for work I’m not a fan of sitting on my own in restaurants for ages with no food. Food when it did arrive was ok, not too much flavour to it, so pretty average.

I think with so many places to eat nearby I wouldn’t go here again.

Must say though the female member of staff that was serving at the time was excellent, very apologetic and well mannered, offered me a complementary drink or dessert for my wait (I didn’t want either, but nice thought) and explained the oven in the kitchen has packed up for 15 minutes delaying everything. Unfortunately though the overall experience for me wasn’t great.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank jnash84
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at the Thyme restaurant which is part of the Premier Inn that my husband and I were staying in the night we were there.
While the food was nothing to rave about, the restaurant isn't in any way pretentious either. The staff were friendly and delivered with a smile.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

When I went they had run out of a large amount of the menu. Food is ok so if you don't want to trek around Croydon looking for somewhere to eat then it's acceptable. Staff are friendly and helpful and the evening meal deal including breakfast is excellent value.

Date of visit: January 2018