See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

The guy "greeted" me with a grunt, told me breakfast isn't available at 8:15 even though breakfast times are 7- 8:30. The bed in my 1960s room was made from 2 singles that are different heights! The light bulb in the bedside lamp didn't work from arrival, then the main room light blew and the toilet seat fell off when I sat on it... The grunter then didn't even politely see me off, he just turned his back on me and walked into the kitchen.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

Came in for a night. Service was good and overall the room was clean. During the night, the room wasn’t quite enough as I could hear what people in the rooms next to me were doing. Also, the bed was attached to the window and I could feel a bit of wind from outside. Wifi doesn’t work in the rooms but only in the communal area. Overall, the service was good enough for the price I have paid. Will return.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2018

Ok, two years on a row for a school trip... we did not choose the hotel.
The staff is not welcoming at all, except for one guy who is smiling a bit more than the other, but in general, you feel like you're bothering them.
Sometimes, strange people are outside, in front of the door, sometimes inside. A woman stayed several hours in the lobby waiting for... nothing... or did she? She was on the couch on saturday evening when we left for a restaurant and when we came back 3 hours later, she was still on the couch but in different clothes (very daring clothes) and did not look very happy. I do not want to know what was her job...
The rooms were mainly cleaned but most of the furniture, windows and wallpapers were outdated and ugly. My room was the coldest: no heating on, I gave the two other warm rooms to my co-workers who are not used to sleeping in cold rooms...
The breakfast is nice, but, then again, a smile in the morning wouldn't be too much to ask!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2017

Avoid this hotel at all costs even if its cheap. The staff are not very nice at all, I asked one of them a question and he ignored me and walked back in his little cupboard. The room I stayed in was room 16, the ventilation pipe stayed on the whole time i was there and kept me from sleeping, whilst i laid there i could hear mice/rats crawling in the ceiling (or a huge spider!) it wouldn't surprise me as the place was as absolute hell hole. The WiFi to add was pointless, wouldn't connect.

Room tip: "Add a tip to help travellers choose a good room" DONT PICK ANY!!!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Very small cramped rooms, awful sliding doors that lead to the en-suite shower and toilet. No extras added to coffee/tea making facilities. Needs a re-vamp.The stars are for the quick last minute bookings which are efficient and handy, as well as the close proximity to South Croydon's restaurants.

Date of stay: October 2016