Holiday Inn Express London Croydon
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$76
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
$59
$72
PremierInn.com
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewshi expresshigh streetfree breakfastthe breakfast areabudget hoteltrain stationsat navshopping centrecentral locationlondon bridgedecent hotelfew minutes walktransport linkscerealvictoriasatnavrail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Enjoyed staying here in Holiday Inn Croydon,

Rooms clean Wifi good, breakfast also good. location perfect with a nice shopper hall.
To go to Victoria just a 7 minute walk to the West Croydon trainstation.
Would stay here again (Y)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
managerex, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hi GMV_KFC,

I express my thanks for your review on our hotel. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes my happy to read we exceeded your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you in Holiday Inn Express Croydon soon.

Best regards
Danielle

Reviewed June 1, 2014

So SO SOO So Bad! Wow! Never again! Pay more and stay somewhere else. Most other Holiday Inns I was looking at let you have 4 in a room. Only 2 per room allowed here.

Room Tip: Same "breakfast" every day. Same hot choice every day (fake scrable eggs, Awfull tasting sausage and Van de Camps baked beans) I went out to eat after the 3rd day of 5 - I could not stomach it another morning. Loose faucet. Thin bed matress. No pool. Small rooms. No parking (cost is 9 LBS a day). All located in the hood. No view. I could go on and on.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary T
managerex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Gary T,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at Holiday Inn Express Croydon. Our concept allows 4 people in a room (2 adults & 2 children) or maximum 3 adults per room as advertised. Our free breakfast consist of a variety of cereals, 4 choices of pastries, cheese, fruit and natural yoghurt , herbal and English breakfast tea. We offer hot chocolate and a choice of 5 different coffees, jams, choice of fruit juice, fresh fruit, toast and rolls as well as scrambled eggs, baked beans and sausage which is a general standard throughout the holiday Inn Express family in the UK. You are right in saying that there is no pool as this is not part of the Holiday Inn Express concept and therefore none of the UK Holiday Express’s does have a pool. Croydon is a high rising town and we are situated right in the vibrant part of the old town close to restaurants, bars and shopping centre. Due to our geographic position, parking for all guests is a in nearby car park where we have discounted rates agreed with for all our guests.
I am sorry to hear that you found our mattresses thin and will take your comments on board for when we next replace our stock. We do use Hypnos mattresses which are of high quality and all have been replaced just over a year ago.
Myself and my team work very hard to ensure we always deliver high quality and friendly service to all our guests and will continue to do so.
We welcome and make note of all comments from our guests to help us further improve the service and quality we offer.

Best regards

C. Gomes

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was a brisk 8 minute walk from the East Croydon train station without luggage. With luggage, about 15 minutes. It is difficult to find because it is not directly on a main street, but once you locate it, it is not difficult to get to. My wife and I were there May 17 to May 22, 2014. The rooms have a/c and are larger than the typical European hotel room. The bathroom was also larger than the typical European bathroom. The hotel is convenient to the train station and is on a direct line to London's Victoria Station travelling north, and Gatwick Airport traveling south. Victoria Station and the airport are about 15 minutes away. I was concerned because of some negative reviews prior to leaving for the UK but I did not experience any of the negativity expressed in some of the comments of other reviewers. Our room was a non-smoking room on the 7th floor and there was no trace of smoke in the room or corridors. Smoking is endemic in the UK but no one is allowed to smoke inside public places. This could be a problem if one is allergic to smoke and does a lot of walking. The food at the hotel was fine. I chose the Holiday Inn Express because I wanted breakfast included in the rate as well as a facility with a reasonable rate, close to a rail/tube/bus line just outside of London. No complaints with the full English breakfast. Yes, there are baked beans served for breakfast, and the sausage taste different. But get over it. You are in England. They don't serve American food in England. The hotel staff was wonderful - very courteous and helpful. Lucia was the manager and always wore a smile. Nicky, the breakfast lady was a gem. Although close to a mall, food was limited outside of the hotel to mostly pubs which tend to serve the same menu. Don't sit outside if you want to avoid cigarette smoke. There is a bench for smokers outside the entrance to the hotel but there was no congregation of smokers the entire time we were there. If there was a drawback, it is the lack of safes in the rooms. We visited London from a cruise so we had locks for all of our luggage. So, the lack of a safe was not a problem. However, I can see that being a problem if you are traveling via air.

Room Tip: As for a nonsmoking room not overlooking the entrance. Those may be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce M
managerex, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Bruce M,

We express our thanks for your very nice review on our hotel. We are happy to read that you found our room, breakfast, service and location to be to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you in Holiday Inn Express Croydon soon.

Best Regards
Lucia and Nicky

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here as it was right in the town centre , hotel is old and tired. I have stayed here before and will again as it is very convenient for what I need. parking is very tight if at all. service is good. you need to eat out as hotel evening meals are very basic and limited

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank William N
managerex, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hi William N,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Holiday Inn Express Croydon. I'm sorry to read that we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologise for any inconvenience it might have caused to you. Next time I will make sure you will have one of our best rooms.
I hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Sincerely
Giorgia M.
GSM - Reception

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am so impressed by the service, the standards and the staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Croydon, that I wanted to let everyone know about Croydon's best kept secret - which should
not be secret anymore

Service with a smile - Nicky the breakfast lady is a gem, she is warm and will go the extra
mile every time. She has an amazing laugh, and will do everything to help. For me the
hotel is like home from home. It is lovely to go somewhere where you are known, and the
staff do everything they can to make your stay the best it can be.

For a budget hotel, they create a first class experience every time, when I first arrived
they made me so welcome, that for me I make them my first choice every time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hi Leah L,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and your stay with us. Hopefully you will return to visit us at the Holiday Inn Express where we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards