Holiday Inn Express London Croydon
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshi expresshigh streetfree breakfastthe breakfast areabudget hoteltrain stationsat navshopping centrecentral locationlondon bridgedecent hotelfew minutes walktransport linkscerealvictoriasatnavrail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a twin room on 2nd floor of this hotel. The room was fantastic, fresh looking, clean and comfortable. The view on our side and on our floor practically non-existent, but we didn't mind since we were in London all day (very good connection to the centre from local train stations). It was quiet at night because of good soundproofing. While the hotel is a little bit hidden, the location itself is alright and there are lots of shopping opportunities around. Staff friendly and welcoming. A big plus is the free breakfast with several hot and cold options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
managerex, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Marr3wk,

Thank you for the fantastic review, its so very pleasing when we recieve such great feedback from our guests. Should you be back in the area, we would love to welcome you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed 2 nights while attending a course at Mayday Hospital and found the service, cleanliness and the hotel in general to be excellent and all my needs were catered for. I will be returning again later this month and will be booking my stay here as.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Nana,

Thank you so very much for the great review of our hotel, the entire team will be very happy to hear your kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 22, 2013

,Just spent the weekend here whilst visiting my daughter & son in law. This is our second visit & just as the last time very happy with our stay. Staff we have found to be very friendly & helpful, and our room clean & welcoming. The free breakfast is adequate, and we have no complaints & can only claim a good experience at a budget hotel.

Room Tip: State smoking or non smoking
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
managerex, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Mrs Hetherington,

Many thanks for the lovely review on your stay with us. It's great to read such kind words of praise, I will feed back your comments to the team,who I know will very much appreciate them.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed on New Years Eve. Was checked in by a straight faced girl called Jana, I told her my full name and that I had a room booked, she ignored me and asked, "Surname?" (This was the only word she said to me on check in.) I gave her my name again and she checked me in in complete silence which made me feel very uncomfortable! She didn't bother to tell me breakfast times, any information about the hotel or even how to get to my room.

- Hotel room is of holiday inn standard, very basic but comfortable.
- Hotel is placed right in the centre of the shops so everything - bars, restaurants etc - are right on the doorstep
- 20 minutes away from London Bridge on the train
- Breakfast consists of sausages, eggs and beans, cereals, toast and juice

On check out, was yet again made to feel uncomfortable when I overheard a receptionist telling a guest who enquired about where his friend was - that his friend had been taken for questioning by police for apparently sexually assaulting someone. Left the hotel to see for myself the police cars parked outside.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Lollylewly,

Thank you for the time and effort to leave your review on your stay with us.

I will contact you personally to discuss each point raised.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed January 15, 2013

It is the policy of Holiday Inn to charge a £40.00 deposit when you check in. I have never heard of a hotel of this 'quality' charging a deposit. OK - they do have the right to do this - but before they do they should make it very clear when making a on-line booking that this is the policy. I find it a insult - and would have chosen not to stay at this hotel if this had seen the policy. I was not booking a hostel!!! There is nothing to stop the hotel claiming you took a towel after you checked out and charging you from your deposit - you then have all the aggravation of suing the hotel for your money back in the small claims court. Who ever thought of policy should be sacked. Grow up Holiday Inn.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
13  Thank Ethiopia007
managerex, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Buckmaster007,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel, we very much appreciate all of your comments. I will contact you again personally to explain the deposit policy at the hotel.

Warmest Regards