“Excellent service from a disount hotel”

Holiday Inn Express London Croydon
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is a Holiday Inn express, and it is clean, safe and busy. What really impressed me was the friendly and helpful staff who seemed to go above and beyond the call. It is almost as if the hell of working in a low cheap hotel in down-town Croydon hasn't occurred to them. Very refreshing.

The breakfast was simple, decent and plentiful, (although the quality of the OJ was dreadful, just awful, note to any IHG people monitoring reviews). The lounge by bar the was starting to show real signs of wear, and needs a refurb/deep clean, and the beds were on the small side and a bit hard.

An unsung feature of the hotel (at least not in any websites) is the fact that guests have access to discount parking at a car park 2 mins walk from hotel, only £2 for 24 hours, insanely good value.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
managerex, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave your recent review, I am pleased my team looked after you and made you feel welcome.

My food and beverage manager and I are reviewing our hot and cold beverage options and should be changing supplier within the coming month, I hope on your next visit to London to offer you a superior product.

I have checked the bar area and spoken to my head housekeeper, this area has now been deep cleaned and I will look at adding to our next refurbishment. All double beds had new Hypnos mattresses fitted in July of this year they are advertised as being the most comfortable beds in the world. I will feed your comments back to Hypnos.

I am delighted you found our partner car park, Qparks within easy walking distance and priced at a reasonable level.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your review. My team and I discuss all reviews in order that we continually improve the service we offer to future guests.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express London Croydon

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Two thumbs up for this hotel for its super efficient staff and clean rooms. The location is great too. Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and we enjoyed every minute of our stay. Love the complimentary breakfast and the luggage storage facility that gave us an opportunity to make an unscheduled hop to central London after checking out and just before our transfer to the airport. My only complaint is that the rooms are not interconnected which can be quite inconvenient for a family with kids. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to London.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Member

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I was pleased to read that my staff looked after your family, during your vacation.

Our hot buffet breakfast is a great way to start the day and I am delighted that you and your children enjoyed the Free buffet breakfast we provide.

We offer eight interconnecting bedrooms at the hotel, if you request an interconnecting room at the time of booking we will do our best to deliver your request upon arrival subject to having the availability.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to London.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Very nice hotel. Near to Tram station. Good staff. Fast internet. IDuring my next visit surely i will stay in this hotel. Very good breakfast. They can improve on TV channels. Some good movie channels they should subsribe.

Room Tip: Several people wrote bout the near by club is noisy. But we did not feel any disturbance.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am pleased you loved the hotel we are working on building a great hotel that guests love, having read your comments we are beginning to achieve our vision.

I am constantly working with the team to improve the services we provide we are currently in the process of further upgrading our internet, as soon as the local exchange makes fibre broadband available this will further increase the internet speed we are able to offer.

Our Televisions all have built in Freeview and offer a wide variety of programmes Film4 is available as a dedicated film channel at no charge.

We are constantly working with the council and enforcement officers to ensure any noise is kept to a minimum, I am pleased to see this is paying off and that you had a great nights sleep with no disturbance.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The staffs in this hotel are well trained especially one Mr. Victor has a very high degree of interpersonal skills He made my stay very enjoyable. The breakfast was ok. No packing space. The rooms are clean

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for mentioning Victor one of my duty manager, who provided you with a great level of customer service during your stay. I have passed you comments onto Victor.

I am pleased you enjoyed our Free hot buffet breakfast during your stay.

The hotel has 8 car parking spaces that are sold on a first come first served basis, alternatively we work with Qparks a 24 hour blue badge car park less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel, where we offer discounted parking rates.

Thank you again for taking the time to highlight one of my team members great work, I hope to be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express London Croydon on your next visit to London.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Holiday Inn Express Crodyon was our first hotel during UK-Scotland trip. We were told that hotel was 5 minutes walk from the east croydon station which is absolutely not true. It takes at least 15 minutes to reach the station. Breakfast was good and sumptuous. Room as expected in any hotel in UK are tiny and just enough to accommodate bed. All in all this is a OK hotel for one night stay if you are planning to go leave for the further journey from East Croydon station. Note that this hotel is close to Gatwick airport which is really 2 stations away.

Room Tip: Tiny but ok rooms with good breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DnyaneshPune

Dear Member

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express – Croydon.

East Croydon station is 0.4 miles from the hotel, and the time it takes to get there does vary. I will ask our website team to change to the time to approximately 5 minutes walk.

I am delighted you enjoyed our well stocked Free buffet breakfast, and that you found the hotel comfortable for your needs.

I hope to welcome you back if your are visiting London or flying into Gatwick for a future holiday.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. It was comfortable and safe and within walking distance of the shopping and business districts of Croydon. There are many places to eat within a few minutes walk (e.g. the Subway across the street). I came here because I had an early morning appointment at the Home Office (15 min walk). The location of the hotel is hard to find. "Priddy's Yard" is hidden away behind retail shops and apartment blocks. It's almost like a secret location. You don't have a nice view out your window (e.g. my window had a view of the back of Debenhams), but the staff were friendly and helpful. This is quite far from London city centre, so I wouldn't recommend it for tourists. But it is good if you need a safe and comfortable option in Croydon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
managerex, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear yrussell,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about Holiday Inn Express London Croydon.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Best Regards
Giorgia M.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

By train this hotel is not so far from center of London, about 15 min with train (travels nicely fast to Croydon), plus of course walking to hotel about 1 km (10-15 min). Hotel itself is kind of comfy. Only down side what I remember, there was door to next-door neighbor (locked) and if neighbors would do some noice, you will probably will hear that... but I do not know if this middle door is in every room. Breakfast is included to your room, choice was plenty. Would recommend this hotel or value was good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear TravellerE2

Thank you again for your feedback.
Best Regards