“surprisingly good food and service”
Review of Beirut Gate

Beirut Gate
Ranked #314 of 489 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had not read any of the reviews before going to this restaurant, can only assume those who did not like it were unlucky or worked for rival establishments. The food was a little slow in arriving but it was worth the wait. The Tabbouleh was obviously freshly prepared and was as good as any of the many Lebanese places I have been to in London.The Hommos Awarma too was especially good and we also had the Makanek, labneh, Loubieh, Kebbeh. All good. Almost full we then had the special spicy prawns which were delicious. Friendly service and really good value. Go and try it !

There are newer reviews for Beirut Gate

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went here for an impromptu dinner on a Wednesday night. Such lovely food and the service was very warm and friendly. Very fresh and tasty ingredients, even the wine was lovely, nicest white wine I have tasted outside of NZ.

I don't usually review restaurants on here but this one is worth it. If you're local pay this place a visit you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I visited with a few friends on 27/7/13 waited well over an hour for food and it arrived in a dire state was disgusted by service so on paying I advised I would not pay the service charge and was told I had no option but to pay it....avoid this place lake the plague

1  Thank Muhammad C
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Meal for 2 saturday evening. We were the only seated customers for a good hour or so. The service albeit very friendly was still a little slow, though we didn't mind too much. The food was fabulous, plentiful and good value. The hummus and roasted lamb and chicken were delicious. I would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

As we have recently moved to the area and the Restaurant Quarter is only a short drive away we have been making a concerted effort to try the restaurants in our local area. the food at Beirut Gate is excellent - fatoush is the best i have had in the UK and the meat was cooked extremely well. However, the service needs improvement. We were left waiting for 10 mins before being shown a table and the restaurant was empty. not sure i would eat here again but will definitely be ordering a take away.

1  Thank Yasmin R