“A cafe that really produces excellent grub at a fantastic price”
Review of Shirley Cafe

Shirley Cafe
Ranked #38 of 484 Restaurants in Croydon
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Warlingham, United Kingdom
“A cafe that really produces excellent grub at a fantastic price”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Firstly whilst this cafe is in the Croydon postcode area, it is smack in the middle of the shops at Shirley. Having seen decent reviews, it was an obvious choice for us when we traveled from Croydon to Bromley. The first thing that strikes you is that there is an enormous mix of patrons - from the local hospital workers to well-dressed office workers (this is not the normal mix for a cafe). We were served quickly and my especial request was not a problem for the cafe. I opted for a full breakfast for under six pounds and this included a coffee and two rounds of toast (you cannot get better value than that). When it arrived it filled a large plate and the ingredients were all of a decent quality. My partners choice of lamb chops was equally good and there were no complaints at all from her. It is a cafe and not a restaurant, but great food and unbelievable value put many a restaurant to shame. Highly recommended and a true hidden gem on the outskirts of Croydon.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank g6yog

Shirley, United Kingdom
“Most probably the best cafe south of the river !!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family and my self have been going to the Shirley cafe for over 3 years now. The welcome is always friendly,they have a great menu and the food has always been fantastic ( the full English is my favourite).
The Shirley Cafe is defiantly not one to be missed.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Kelly A
essex
“Best cafe I have ever been too”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was really suprised not to find that no one had put this place on Tripadvisor. So I wasted no time and got it added.
First things first,its location is a bit misleading its actual address is West Wickham,Bromley but its postcode means its in Croydon. However it is in Shirley !!!.
That out the way, I come accross this place while working in the area. What a find this is easily the best cafe I have ever been too. The food is fantastic. All of your original breakfasts and also cooked roast dinners and as the owners come from my favourite holiday destination they have put a hint of Cyprus on some of the dishes. Which brings us to the Staff. I am allways greeted with the warmest of hello's and allways time for a chat, then so are all their customers which range from Mums, Couples ,Workers ,Pensioners and even the local Street Wardens.
If you are in the area please give this place a try they are open 7 days a week but be prepaired to return again and again.

• Visited September 2012