“One of the best South Indian restaurants in the London area”
Review of Banana Leaf

Banana Leaf
Ranked #96 of 518 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've been going to the Banana Leaf restaurant for around five years. I've tried (I think) nearly all of the South Indian restaurants around London and I can honestly say that this restaurant is in my view the best. My girlfriend and I live on the other side of London and we happily make the journey approximately once per month to enjoy the high quality authentic cuisine they offer.

The staff treat you like royalty, the owner is a wonderful friendly lady, and very caring towards her customers.

The menu offers a wide and delicious variety of South Indian dishes ranging from mild to quite spicy with superb vegetarian as well as meat dishes - something for everyone.

If you're not averse to green chillies, try their Dry Sizzling Chilli Paneer with rice and dahl - it's truly one of the best examples of it's type I've tried in the UK.

1  Thank LondonDavid123

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The service was good, the meal was quick and the food excellent. one of the best chana masala i have eaten. With so many choices in Tooting for Sri Lankan food this is a must.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Banana Leaf is a very well known Indian Restaurant in Croydon, although the restaurant deco and atmosphere is average, the food compensate it all.
I both use their take away and eat in options and I have never been disappointed.
Go for Korma or Tikka for a mild curry whilst I recommend their special curries (South Indian), I tried yesterday the Chettanadu Meat Curry and was very pleased with it.
Attentive service and friendly staff!

1  Thank Williamwap
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went with a group of colleagues on Friday 24th August 2012. The food was really good, I had a chicken jalfrezi which tasted nice and spicy which I really enjoyed. You do have to avoid eating the green chillies as they are very hot but the flavour of the food danced on my tongue. My colleagues who had not been there before were really surprised at the quality and that restaurant will be on our next night out. There was an excellent selection of main dishes ranging from the mildest korma to the fiery madras and vindaloo. Well worth a visit for the curry lover.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Enjoyed attentive service, lovely food with generous portions, good selection of food on menu, variety to choose from, king prawns delious, highly recommended, would visit again definitely. Parking however was an issue.