“Poor quailty tasteless food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peri Peri Original Chicken
Ranked #243 of 493 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed July 31, 2012

with the myriad of Peri-Peri take away opening up in places like Tooting and Harrow i was really please when i spotted this yesterday evening near where i live in croydon.. i ordered and presented a debit card and was gruffly told there is a 50p charge..seeing as my potential order was over £20, they would wot waive it. we simply walked out and went elsewhere, however not deterred and armed with cash this evening, i went back this evening in anticipation...what a let down, ordered a peri peri wrap meal. where do i start? the chicken was overcooked and tasteless, i don't think the peri-peri flavour even kissed it, only two small pieces of chicken, small wrap about the size of a McD's taster and the re-fried fries. Didn't enjoy it all...sorry.

3  Thank RazzyUk

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was out shopping in croydon and saw this new place peri peri original chicken and me and my friend thought lets check this place out.
Good atmosphere and seating we ordered from the grill menu as they do both fried and grill, this gave as a good choice between eating healthy or choosing from the fried menu.
we sat down i ordered a whole grill chicken hot flavour for £7.99 and my friend ordered burger meal, good service and staff were friendly. I really enjoyed my meal so i took some home for my husband too, definatley going back there and it is much cheaper than nandos

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Not Bad great to see a alternative to nando. Since seeing previous reviews i must say service has majerly improved food has a really good taste and very cost effective in comparison to nandos overall 4/5

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Well, it seemed like a fast food joint, but i've had gourmet meals served quicker. At least in Nando's you get to sit and wait with drinks while your food is being prepared. Seating was cramped, I had to get up while I was eating to let the guy next to me out. Food was standard but not really worth the wait.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Having seen that a halal alternative to Nando's opened in the area I thought to give it a try. As I went in it didn't seem overly busy, but the chap behind the counter didn't appear as if he wanted to serve me. What seemed to be the owner of the place was just leaning on the counter talking to his own staff. All I ordered was a standard burger and chips deal which took absolutely forever. There was a pretty lady whose ticket number seemed to be after mine and whose order was a lot larger...yet she got her food first and also the staff behind the counter threw in some free wings!!

The food was like any other joint, nothing spectacular, service was awful, not a single friendly smile.

2  Thank Currypolice