“Definitely worth a visit”
Review of Roti Masters

Roti Masters
Ranked #268 of 474 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Caribbean
London, United Kingdom
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I travelled about 15 miles to Croydon to do some shopping and heard about Roti Masters selling Trinidadian food so decided to head straight there at lunch time. Well I was not disappointed! I had doubles as well as a shrimp roti. It was top notch! Really want to say well done to the cooks, I have eaten doubles in Trinidad and it is pretty much the same, I was pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to go again!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ann B

Croydon, United Kingdom
“Better 'doubles' than Independance Sq, Port Of Spain.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My family and I have been eating at Roti Masters on and off for a few years now, and I now see the place as an absolute blessing to Croydon. It's one of the few things about the place the gives me that 'feel good' feeling, even after living there for 5 decades ;->

The food is fairly priced, it's well cooked and the quality is consistant. One of the great things about the place is that they serve all the rare Trinidadian delicacies, they even have a small stock of Solo 'sweet drink' on sale, alongside the usual peanut punch and mauby etc.

Of note are the wonderfull doubles, and poulourie, things you just don't find too often, even in London. If you're homesick for Trini style food, this is the place for you.

If I give my teenagers the choice of McD's or Roti Masters for a quick food fix they now choose Roti Masters every time!

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Consistently good, never disappointed”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have been going here for a while when I want Caribbean food that is a bit different to the Jamaican stuff I get elsewhere. This place is based on the food of Trinidad and I have over the years tried most of the rotis and other meals on offer. The soups are always good in the winter and the rotis are always spot on (especially the vegetarian ones). Where this place loses a mark for me is with the pilau dishes. The rice and peas is made with black beans and I dont like it as much as I do the Jamaican version with red kidney beans that you get elsewhere. Other than that, its all good. Open from about 12 noon til 7 it can get busy but its well worth the occasional trip.

• Visited March 2012