De Vere Selsdon Estate
Jurys Inn London Croydon(Croydon)(Great Value!)
$57
$45
Travelodge
$72
2,402 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I took a two nights stay from Groupon, me and my husband we are very pleased from our stay there, the hotel is located in a very beautiful place cut off from the residential areas. they gave us an executive and beautiful room with a very big bed and with a nice view. The only negative thing of the room it was a pipping problem in the bathroom. The hotel's interior is very cosy, nice and warm.
the restaurant is nice as well but we weren't very satisfied from the quality of the food so the second evening we dined in a wetherspoon pub only 5 minutes walk from there.
I enjoyed the spa treatments and the spa area was very good apart of the the steam room.
All the staff was very polite and they responded immediately for whatever we asked them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Efstratia K
SPHGC, General Manager at De Vere Selsdon Estate, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Whilst I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay I would like to apologise for any shortcoming you experienced whilst dining with us. I am delighted that my Team were swift and responsive to any request/feedback given during your stay and I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Selsdon Park Hotel and Golf Club in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had our wedding reception at the selsdon park and it was the most amazing party ever great food and excellent staff. We didn't want to leave we had 106 guest and not one of them complained and most of them stayed getting back to the staff from the bar staff to the management everyone was polite helpful friendly
This hotel made our wedding and we are very happy we booked it here well done and thank you

Room Tip: Room 119 is a good size room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Donna B

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your Wedding with us here at Selsdon Park Hotel and Golf Club. It is wonderful read that you had such an enjoyable day. On behalf of my Team I would like to wish you both the very best for a long and happy future together, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Selsdon Park Hotel and Golf Club in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have just come back from a two night stay here with two of my girl friends. We wanted a relaxing girly break and that we got. On arrival the beautiful property is set back from the main road and you are instantly taken back by the greenery and trees. The building is magnificant, stunning interiors with a real burning fire place in reception. The reception staff were so very welcoming and kind. The service we recieved here was second to none. We'r given early check in kindly. We were walking around the building and got chatting to a lady who worked there, she kindly gave us a little tour and asked us what room we were staying in, we then went to the bar for food and the lovely gentleman at reception (with the dimples) came to advise us we had been upgraded to a large room so we didnt have to sleep in separate room and also if we required an extra bed they would add it in for us! Amazing! The food was amazing too! We went for walks in the lovely grounds, the pool, sauna, steam room & jacuzi are all of very good quality. We had three treatments each and they were so relaxing the beauty therapists are so lovely and the variety of treatments are fab! Would recommend the massage, body exfoliation and eye treatment. Want to make a special mention to the lovely lina who works at the bar, such a sweet hardworking girl. Also to the guy at reception with the dimples you were lovely and ur service aswell as smile were great! Thankyou richard for helping us with our suitcases when we were leaving! This place is great for a mate getaway for couples or for weddings! The staff here each and everyone of them are a credit to the place! We shall be back!

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank Sandybains

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and I can assure you your feedback will be passed to our Quality Wins team where I am sure your comments will be welcomed. Naturally I am pleased that all of the team were helpful, friendly and professional throughout your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Selsdon Park Hotel and Golf Club in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

After reading some pretty bad reviews on this hotel, I stayed on a Saturday night. Booked through an agent and found out it would have been cheaper by booking direct.
The room was very nice (114) except as the bed was against the wall with a corridor on the other side so the odd bit of noise from people using the corridor, and the sound of a lift was a little disconcerting. The room and the bed was very comfortable and the shower was great! The room was a little warm but a window made it a little cooler.
We had a Pizza in the bar and it was not the best Pizza we ever had, the barman was a little offhand but not rude. The pool area was stifling hot but we did not use the pool.
The staff were on the whole were friendly although a little officious,
The breakfast was superb and we were treated to some old fashioned excellent service from Ruby, one of the more mature waitresses, with a friendly and respectful welcome, Karim the manager of the restaurant was excellent and although we were late,made sure we had everything we wanted for breakfast,
The view from the breakfast room was magnificent looking over the Golf course.
We will stay there again but perhaps not on a weekend when it gets quite busy.

Room Tip: try and get a room overlooking the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank RobertRaw

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to apologise for any shortcoming you experienced and I will be addressing any issues raised appropriately with the relevant Heads of Department so that we may identify any retraining or improvements to enhance our guests experience. Once again thank you for your constructive comments and we look forward to welcoming back to Selsdon Park Hotel and Golf Club in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Its the third time I've stayed at Selsdon Park Hotel and i am never dissapointed with the standard's of service. I took my Father here for a golf weekend and had such a fantastic time, the course is wonderful and the gold manger Caroline was a breathe of fresh air and so welcoming and helpful. The restaurant food was amazing... definitely have the mackerel! Thanks again Selsdon for a fantastic weekend and we'll see you very soon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank SarahBurden

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am delighted that as a regular guest to the hotel that you were able to take full advantage of all of the facilities we have available to offer to our guests including golf and I look forward to welcoming back to Selsdon Park Hotel and Golf Club in the future.