“Evening Meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My friend + I attended for a pre-booked table +" 3 course meal" last Saturday evening in the Main restaurant and it was not the best time to visit as it was very cramped/crowded + very stuffy - however a member of staff did turn the radiator next to us down which helped.( it ?doesn't appear to have air-conditioning) + it was also very noisy owing to all the" chattering" of the occupants who all appeared to be having a good time (several birthday party groups).
The meal choice was very good but the steak main course I had was not as good as expected(very thinly cut so not able to have it rare as preferred) however was eatable + the fresh vegetables tasted?, stir-fried, not boiled as I prefer.
All the staff were very efficient + friendly + I will visit it again another time ( week-night) when staying in Croydon, when I hope it will be not so busy,( this was my first visit).
The front main entrance is up a steep flight of steps but there is disabled access at the rear. We went by taxi which was good as the car park appeared full at the front by 19.30., not sure of additional parking at the rear.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My brother and sister in law were looking for somewhere to hold their wedding reception and based on good reveiws chose to come here, both my brother and his wife are blind and from the start of their visit to select the menu Jeremy and staff excelled in helping them with the planning and selection of the menu. T,he evening was lovely and the food was very good the service could not be faulted in any way with the staff and Jeremy being pleasant and helpful, to anyone looking for a venue for any type of celebration or even a meal I would not hesitate to recomend The Chateau

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had a wedding reception here three years ago, and decided to go back for a meal, had a lovely evening and the food was very good, I had a prawn starter and the prawns were massive and in a very tasty sauce. My husband and I had the chateaubriand and it was very tender, will return, and the service was very good

1  Thank DebbieBudge
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We recently hired The Garden Room to celebrate my husbands birthday with 29 family and friends. From the moment the booking was made, Jeremy, the Chateau manager, could not have been more helpful. The set menu was excellent and we were asked to make our selections prior to the event. Everyone agreed that the choice was extremely good and had no problem
making their choices from the selection.
We had a meeting prior to the event, with Jeremy, who was so helpful, we had the impression that nothing was too much trouble.
On the actual evening of the celebration, we honestly felt that both we and all our guests had a fantastic night. Thank you to Jeremy and all the staff for an evening that we will never forget.

2  Thank JanMaidstone_Kent
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We booked a Christmas lunch at this resturant for a party of eight. It was our fist visit and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent and at a very reasonable price. Service by the waiters was very attentive but the owner?, manager? could have been more friendly, but this did not detract from a very pleasant 2 hours.

1  Thank carol_trower