“Great Price - Great Location”

Jurys Inn London Croydon
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Cork, Ireland
“Great Price - Great Location”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We have just return from a wonderful (very) long weekend in London. We based ourselves 4 in Jurys Inn Croydon and I must say we were very happy overall with our choice. Having lived in Croydon in the late 80s/early 90s - it was a pilgrimage of sorts for us.

First of all the hotel rate was excellent - €320 for 4 nights for 2 of us. The hotel is a few minutes walk from East Croydon railway station - which gets you into London Bridge or Victoria in 15 mins - on the fast train. We were a short stroll from a great selection of shops/restaurants and bars. I think this was one of the first breaks we have had that we didn't hire a car - the location and local transport were so good.

Our room was lovely - yes you can see signs that it could do with a decor update - but everything was spotlessly clean and well maintained. Even though we were on the 12th floor - we still needed to keep the windows closed tightly to keep out the traffic noise early in the morning. This was not an issue as the air conditioning was powerful. The bed was my only gripe. It was the smallest double bed I have ever slept in. Room service was extremely efficient - it was usually complete by 10am. each day. Not good if you wanted I lie in though!!!!!!

The free wifi (all over the hotel) was really fast - you just needed to get a new code every 24 hours. Breakfast was also included in our rate. There was a great selection of hot and cold food (buffet style) - which was constantly being replenished. I couldn't fault the food. I agree with other posters that it can be a bit hit or miss - looking for cutlery, plates etc. They don't seem to have a dedicated restaurant supervisor on duty at breakfast either - which would help.

All the staff we encountered were really friendly. Anything we asked for - they delivered. This even started weeks before our arrival when we made several room requests. I would return to this hotel and I would recommend it. It is a luxurious 'pampering' hotel - but then we didn't pay for this. Great all round good value hotel in a brilliant location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Martina O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hertfordshire
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed here for one night this month, first impression was vey good, nice looking reception and helpful staff, the room was very clean and relaxing, although for me the bed was a bit on the firm side, but then again that is a personal thing, the room facilities were very good. I didn’t stay for the breakfast in the morning as I had to leave at 07.30, but at £10 for a continental breakfast was a little on the expensive side seeing that quite a few places charge about £6 - £7.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank steviem53
Jurys-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Croydon, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Steviem53

Thank you for your recent review and your positive feedback on the team and hotel facilities. I was delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Croydon.

I have noted your preference for continental breakfast and would like to advise that this is a very extensive offering of breads, pastries, cereals, fruit and other items.

However, we do also have a Costa coffee facility in our Bar area, also offering some food items, aswell as takeaway service. This may be a prefered option for you in the future also.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed at this hotel in July 2014. A family stay 2 adults and two children, spent one night. Check in was very quick and informative. I was advised of the location of the lift and the bedroom, I was given my voucher with the code for the premium internet access on arrival.

The bedroom room 922 was a large, clean and nice room, it overlooked the side road near the hotel which was fine as we could see our car from the bedroom window.

The room comprised of a double bed and a made up sofa bed for the children to sleep on.

The beds were very comfortable with starched fresh white bed linen. The pillows were a little soft and thin which was not a huge problem just my personal preference. The décor in the bedroom was clean neutral lines which made the experience all the more relaxing.

There was a bit of noise within the hotels with other individuals clearly forgetting that they are in a hotel and making noise banging doors and shouting. Walls between the room are very thin, I was able to hear various noises from the occupants next door that I did not really want to hear at 3am.

Overall had a nice relaxing sleep as did the rest of my family.

Breakfast service on Sunday is between 07.30-11am this is a good timeframe especially for those who like a little lie in on a Sunday morning.

We went to breakfast at 10am, were greeted by a friendly male who took our room number and advised us to help ourselves to the buffet.

The cooked breakfast buffet was poorly stocked I had to ask for baked beans, bacon, fried eggs. They did come out eventually but were overcooked or not warm enough. The tables were not laid with cutlery, therefore once seated we had to go and source the cutlery which was dirty. Then I made a cup of tea but most of the mugs were dirty, the tea pots were stained on the inside. Generally a very poor lack of hygiene within the restaurant, the waiting staff were not friendly there was no cheery 'good morning' to the guests. There was no sugar / milk on the table. Most of the time I was in the breakfast restaurant I spent walking around sourcing clean cutlery, food, sugar, etc. This was not my ideal relaxing Sunday morning breakfast.

The communal areas of the hotel were very clean, the bar area is a small intimate area it is clean, prices are the usual inflated hotel prices however quick prompt friendly service.

Would we return here?
Yes I would return but it would be nice if standards within breakfast are improve so that I can have confidence in where I am eating.

A point to note is there is no car park at this hotel apart from two disabled spaces at the entrance. For others it is on road parking which is a minimal cost on a Sunday. However if you are staying on a Saturday night then you are required to begin paying for parking from 8am. Otherwise you will receive a parking ticket like we did and many others who were also parked on Walpole Road.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank toni15
Dear Toni15

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I was very happy to read your positive comments on the hotel bar and bedroom facilities.

However, I was very disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered when dining in our restaurant for breakfast. I will most certainly be addressing each issue you outlined in your feedback to us and ensure these are addressed and rectified.

Also, as you correctly point out, we do not have onsite parking at the hotel. However, we do recommend our guests to use the carpark adjacent to the hotel at the Whitgift Shopping Centre.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to discuss anything further by email ; michelle_hickey@jurysinns.com, and I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Croydon on a future visit.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here a few times lovely clean comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Bar was a bit hit and miss serving flat lager one night then having no lager at all on another evening as they were cleaning the pipes (not surewhwhy this was done whilst the bar was open!) Good central location and a pleasure to stay tthere particularly after spending a terrible night in the Landsdowne hotel opposite!

• Stayed June 2014
Dublin
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Recently spent 4 nights here on a family holiday. Hotel was very nice, lovely reception area, attentive staff for the most part, great breakfasts to set us up for our tourism days in central London. Lovely room furnished well and excellent bathroom. Location perfect for frequent train service to central London and Gatwick Airport. Only downside was some poor service and less than acceptable food quality on the one occasion we decided to eat there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Niall R
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Jury's Inn for one night at the weekend and it was spotless. Receptionist was really polite and friendly on arrival. Breakfast was very good. Located very close to East Croydon station, so easy access to Central London. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear gdemanio

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I will share your kind comments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Croydon.

Moss, Norway
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and were all very nice and quiet. We were pleased with the location from the Hotel to the train station. It was very easy to navigate. We were impressed with our room and the cleanliness of it. We felt that the price was a bit high- beings Croydon was a bit out of the way and we are 2 broke college students but felt very safe and secure there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends