“Disappointing ”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Croydon
Poole, United Kingdom
“Disappointing ”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

First stay for me in a Jury's Inn and first impressions very good. Room clean, all the necessary facilities and a voucher for a free drink.

The biggest disappointment for me was the smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom coming through the ventilation fan. It was so pungent that if the bathroom door was left open the room stank of smoke - not pleasant. This was reported when I checked out but the reaction of staff left me in no doubt that nothing would be done. Incidentally I had to make a point of mentioning this issue as I was not asked
If my stay had been ok on checking out.

The other issue was the over keen cleaner who walked into the room just after 8am after knocking and waiting all of 3 seconds.

I may just have been unlucky as everything else was fine for the price paid including a nice breakfast and Costa facilities.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jurys-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Croydon, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Addix100

Thank you for your recent feedback. I was very happy to read your positive comments on our hotel cleanliness, room facilities, breakfast and Costa offerings.

However, disappointed to learn of some issues you encountered with odour in the bathroom area of your room and subsequent communications with the team on the front desk.

I would like the opportunity to investigate these matters further, so perhaps you would like to contact me directly with some additional details on email - michelle_hickey@jurysinns.com

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you

Michelle Hickey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I usually come into Jurys Inn for a steak meal now and then and I have found the quality of the meals to be of a good standard and the service level to be superb and all this set in a calm and relaxing atmosphere just adds value to the overall experience. Ludy is always a pleasure to converse with and she is always very helpful and hospitable. Keep it up Jurys Inn Croydon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear MustafaA

Thank you for your recent feedback and very kind comments on our dinner service and offerings.

In particular your mention of the team in our restaurant, which I will be delighted to share with them.

We look forward to having you dine with us again in the near future.

Meath Ireland
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for St Patricks weekend and had a great time. My only gripe was after having a little accident (women's problems) I would have expected the soiled sheets to be changed but they left them all weekend.
The staff in the hotel are so friendly especially at reception, they really couldn't do enough for us but the housekeeping staff need to learn manners. I was getting ready on Monday and put the do not disturb sign on the door so I could go for a shower in peace while my husband and son weren't there but 3 times she knocked I told her to give me 10 minutes but she got annoyed with me. I have worked in the hospitality industry most of my life so understand how busy they are but there was no need for her rudeness.
Overall we had a lovely weekend there and will return again soon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear TopTwice

Thank you for your recent feedback following your stay and your positive comments on service received from our reception team.

However, I was surprised and disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered with our housekeeping department. I would like the opportunity to obtain further information on this matter to enable me to investigate it.

If possible, please email me directly at michelle_hickey@jurysinns.com and I will revert to you directly.

North Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed one night the hotel was good value it was clean and tidy very efficient staff breakfast was good with plenty of options not far from the train station would definitely use again if staying in Croydon

• Stayed March 2014
Dear bunderbistro

Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent stay.

I was delighted to receive your positive feedback on the hotel facilities, breakfast and location.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn on your next visit to Croydon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Very impressed. Room was spotless and bed comfortable. I was looking for a cheapish room with striking distance of Victoria and am glad that found this hotel for £61 (!).
Would certainly consider this again. Only moan was that pressure on shower (room 805) was not great. I wonder if management read these reviews?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bochum, Germany
Reviewed March 13, 2014

First and last time ever! We booked a family room well in advance (6 weeks) got the written confirmation and everything.
When we were on our way from Germany to London (by car), we even called to confirm that we will check in that day. When we arrived at 2am the guy at the reception told us that the room was already given away! Just like that! No apologies, nothing!
So sitting there at 2am totally exhausted from the trip with two sleeping kids, the receptionist refused giving us a another room and was not even able to get us a room in a hotel near by. He then wanted to send us to Gatwick Airport (hotel) for overnight and then get us back again to Jurys Inn the next day! So instead of having breakfast and start our (only 4 days) sightseeing tour, we would be busy with,checking in at (in the meanwhile) 5am, getting to the hotel, unpacking etc. Then again in the morning (well actually just a couple of hours later, again packing our stuff, move back to Croydon, again check in, again unpack etc.
The whole story ended with us getting a new hotel on our own, where we had to pay twice the price that was calculated and never heared back from Jurys Inn although they claimed to refund the difference! Never actually happened! So that hotel, is just bad customer service as you could just imagine! And we would never ever recommend it to anyone! Absolute horrorable experience!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank josterry
Jurys-Inn-Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Croydon, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear josterrry

Thank you for your review, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused to you on your recent visit.

I would like the opportunity to investigate this matter further. Therefore, please feel free to contact me directly should you wish at michelle_hickey@jurysinns.com

London
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was booked into the hotel by my company as I was attending a course. The room was spacious and well appointed. Exceptionally clean and was made to feel like I was at home. The staff are great, especially Ludi, Emma on Reception and Andrew in F&B. Food good and homely. Good location, 5 minutes work from East Croydon Station.

Room Tip: High floor. Great view over Croydon.