Jurys Inn London Croydon
Travelodge
$80
$65
1,952 results
All reviewstrain stationshopping centregatwick airportbusiness tripfew minutes walkcar parkwould stay againreception stafflondon bridgeludysantanncppoundsvictoriaduvet
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were in Croydon to meet family passing through. I had driven 160miles over 3hours to get to the hotel which seemed nice, family had booked the hotel, one room for the 3 of us which was rather cramped, when we arrived we had to wait to check in as it wasn't booked in our name & we were waiting over 2hours for our other member to arrive, there was only toilet paper in 2 of the womens public bathrooms I complained nothing happened, other guests kids were allowed to run around the foyer screaming & throwing papers while they're parents sat in the dining area, I didnt want to listen to this after driving for over 3 hours I was tired, we complained an nothing was done.

Room Tip: Don't use the rooms that are supposed to be for families, we had a room for 3 ppl, it had one double bed & one single bed but the room was tiny & definately not made with 3 adults in mind.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Yanomi B
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel for a weekend as was visiting some family in the area, the rooms are what you would expect for the budget, bathroom a bit mouldy but not extreme. Reason for the 2 stars is the service. Was travelling with my girlfriend and little girl and when visiting the bar I was told, rudely, I would not be served until 'my friend got her ID'. After being in the bar for 3/4 hours, at 11:30, we were then refused service by the bar man and was told by him that 'it is against the law to have children in a bar after 9pm'. We are just unsure why it took until 11:30 to tell us this and why the batman decided it was adequate to quote fictional laws to us. We were also told we were unable to put our drinks on our room despite being given and presenting the barman with our 'hotel passport' which stated that we were able to do this as long as we presented the passport.

On our second night we decided to have dinner in the restaurant. Overall the food was of a decent and tasty standard, although beware, you are unable to order the bar menu in the restaurant but it is ok to order the restaurant menu in the bar. Also we were asked to tell our children to sit down as they 'were disturbing the other guests' despite us being the only people in the restaurant and reception area. We are still wondering what guests they were disturbing. There was one attentive and friendly member of staff who worked in the restaurant though.

Also in the bar and restaurant toilets, we noticed the cleaning rota had not been changed for a few days as it was dated for 4 days before our stay.

I would recommend either the travelodge or premier inn which are both just a minutes walk from this hotel. We will not be using them again.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank TolerantTraveller1
Reviewed December 30, 2013

There is nothing fancy about this hotel but I am giving it 5 because I could not fault it and also because I think each hotel should be judged within its budget range. This was a very economical place to stay and provided far more than I would expect within that price range. It was hugely convenient and saved me a lot of money as I was able to catch a bus from Heathrow directly to this hotel, a long way I admit, but once you get your luggage on board you can relax until it is your stop almost directly opposite the hotel. The room was comfy. I had asked for a room on a higher level so that I would be saved from the noise closer to the street and the staff kindly obliged. Bed was comfy and room had everything I needed. The included brekky was very good indeed - hearty and a good range of all sorts of food. It's not too far by train into London, again saving a lot of money. If you are arriving at Heathrow and don't need to stay right in the heart of town but you do want to save some money, you could do a lot worse than Jury's Inn, Croydon.

Room Tip: The bus from Heathrow is much much cheaper than catching the underground or one of the shuttles or rail, so worth considering.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nice location great bar nice food, cozys room, warm shower, an over all great stay,
Price very good £50 booked on ebookers plus discount voucher total bargain,
i must say the heating was a little on the cold side even tho we di follow the manual and call the hotel for assistants, its not what i would call HOT or TOASTY for the winter months,
bring pj's and onezies.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Needed to spend the night in Croydon and booked this hotel wasn't disappointed. We have always had good experiences in Jury hotels clean friendly and very good value for money. This one was so near the railway station so location for us was perfect. Will use this one again should we need to be in this area again. Going to Manchester in new year and we always look at the Jury's chain first as always pleased with price and the locations of them.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple