1,398 results
All reviews train station rooms are small complimentary breakfast minute walk gatwick airport modern hotel free wifi car park beans easy access business trip yogurt comfy bed stayed here for one night victoria boxpark shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

I have regularly stayed with the Hilton hotel group while in business over the years and wasn’t expecting much of this Hampton by Hilton in Croydon since it appeared from the outset to be in their budget range.
My company books and pays for all our travel through an international travel company and I arrived here knowing that my room and breakfast for two nights had been pre paid.
Nevertheless, I was asked for my debit card at reception, explained I was pre paid, and the girl cheerfully told me it was just be £10 in case I wanted to purchase anything. She didn’t explain that this £10 would be instantly debited from my account and a week later I’m still waiting for it to be returned.
Breakfast was poor: really nasty scrambled eggs that may well have been microwaved and cheap sweetened yoghurt.
But now to my main complaint. My car was parked in the car park opposite and when I checked out all I had to do was carry my zipped and closed bag across. It was then with me, unopened , on my journey home to Kent. Only when I finally opened the case I realised I had forgotten to take my Kindle. I’m a light sleeper and I know that I was reading until 2.30 am the night before I checked out and as is my habit, lay the Kindle on my bed beside me. In the morning I would have turned back the cover, with my Kindle underneath.
There is NO other possibility than it was left on my bed so I called next day. Three times in total. The upshot of all these calls was that my Kindle ‘wasn’t found’ in my room.
This leaves me with a very nasty impression of this hotel and next time my colleagues and myself will be using Jury’s Inn when in Croydon.

Trip type: Traveled on business
GSmHamptonCRO, Operations Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review us.

I am sorry to hear you did not had good experience with us.

Let me assure you that we have very strict policy in regards of employees when they leave our hotel and lost property is very closely monitored. We have checked your room several times and even bed sheets have been asked to be review by our linen cleaning company and I am truly sorry but kindle was never found.

A 10£ pre-authorisation is temporarily hold on your account for any incidentals you may have, that is released on your departure and takes 10-12 working days to be fully available.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and have a lovely week ahead.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Arrived at around 830pm and checked in fine. Staff were pleasant.
But we were informed only pizza or curry available as chef had phoned in sick.

Pizza was just a shop bought one and breakfast wasnt great either

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GSmHamptonCRO, Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review us.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused, I totally understand how frustrating this can be, but our employee well-being is also very important. On the good note, our chef has now returned to work.

Reviewed April 6, 2019

Second time I've stayed here. First was a tiny room, this latest time I had an accessible room as i needed a shower due to an injury and on crutches. Whilst the bathroom was ok the room was once again very small although it did have a sofa which could convert to another bed, but it was a tight squeeze to get down one side of the bed (the side I choose to sleep on).

Don't think the walls are that thick as lots of noise from outside in the corridors etc.

Very convenient for East Croydon train station on the way to Gatwick. 3 minutes walk from the station.

Facilities in the hotel are very limited as its a tiny lobby but good value for money. Ok for a one night stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
GSmHamptonCRO, Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Martin,

Thank you for taking your time to review us.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Have a lovely week ahead.

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

I would like to thank the hampton after a 7 hour drive to be told booking.com had messed my booking up if it wasnt for your team especialy mr pang (front of house i think he was called) we would have been walking around croyden trying to get booked up (we had already been told the hampton,premier inn and a few others were fully booked so basicaly we were screwed.
Booking.com customer services told me to book the jurys inn at an additional cost what i wasnt happy with.... any way after a while mr pang spoke with the genaral manager and to defuse the situation after the stress it was causing the hampton managed to house up for the night...
Thanks again it was a pleasure to stay and breakfast was great. Will be staying again but booking DIRECT as im now a member :)

Trip type: Traveled with family
GSmHamptonCRO, Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2019

Dear Craig,

Thank you so very much for your kind review.

Our team will appreciate reading your comments. We all understand that sometimes when these issues happen, it can be very frustrating and we are glad that in the end solution has been found.

I wish you a wonderful day.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

I chose this hotel because of its convenience for transport arriving at East Croydon rail station, a short 5 minute walk to the hotel. I left by catching a convenient nearby bus route. I chose this hotel because of the price I was quoted was very competitive. Restaurants and food outlets all a short walk as well as the hotels own facilities. The price of the beer I felt a bit expensive, but it saved a walk elsewhere

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GSmHamptonCRO, Manager at Hampton by Hilton London Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review us.

I am very glad to hear you found our hotel well priced and had a chance to stay with us.

I will share your comments with the rest of the team.